Slow start up

ggustar

Slow start up
I have Vista premium installed, it has been taking 10 minutes to load lately.
On looking in the start up menu, I see I have 3 "Microsoft Windows host
process (Rundll32)" installed at start up. Could this be the reason for a
slow start up? they all look the same. Could I just disable 2 of them?

brink

Re: Slow start up

ggustar;436171 Wrote:
> I have Vista premium installed, it has been taking 10 minutes to load
> lately.
> On looking in the start up menu, I see I have 3 "Microsoft Windows host
> process (Rundll32)" installed at start up. Could this be the reason for
> slow start up? they all look the same. Could I just disable 2 of them?

Hi GGustar,

I would check in your "Startup Programs" to see what is listed to run
at the startup of Vista. Disable the ones you do not want, to test if it
helps. If you are sure you want it to not start with Vista, then remove
it. You can see how to do this here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
ggustar

Re: Slow start up
Thank you for reply, but this is my question, I have already looked in the
Start up menu and found 3 identical programs that start up
"Microsoft Windows host process (Rundll32)"
My question is can I delete or disable 2 of them without any ill effects?

ggustar;436237 Wrote:
> Thank you for reply, but this is my question, I have already looked in
> the
> Start up menu and found 3 identical programs that start up
> "Microsoft Windows host process (Rundll32)"
> My question is can I delete or disable 2 of them without any ill
> effects?

GGustar,

If you are able to disable 2 of them, then yes go ahead. Worst case
you will need to boot into Safe Mode and enable them again.

If not, then you might try a repair install to try and avoid a clean
install. It should leave your settings and programs intact afterwards.
You can look here for how to do it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Shawn