Activation needs fix

Ray

Activation needs fix
So have been usinig Vista Ultimate since the official release date and have
had to reactivate every 2-3 months. Sunday I upgraded my video card driver
(ATI Radion X1950) and I have to activate today or Vista tells me it will
shutdown. Of course, since about last December I had been thru this so mant
times its now always necessary using the telephone to a live person method
because nothing else works. Last time, May if I recall, I added a hard drive,
not replaced, added, and the same damn thing happened.

I have one copy of Vista on one computer, and MS is doing its best to
convince me that is a mistake. If MS wants to send one of its minions down
from the Rainy Kingdom to check my systems, just say so, lets do it and move
on, but stop pissing off one of the few loyal, honest customers you have left.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
trueone

Re: Activation needs fix

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So have been usinig Vista Ultimate since the official release date and
> have
> had to reactivate every 2-3 months. Sunday I upgraded my video card driver
> (ATI Radion X1950) and I have to activate today or Vista tells me it will
> shutdown. Of course, since about last December I had been thru this so
> mant
> times its now always necessary using the telephone to a live person method
> because nothing else works. Last time, May if I recall, I added a hard
> drive,
> not replaced, added, and the same damn thing happened.
>
> I have one copy of Vista on one computer, and MS is doing its best to
> convince me that is a mistake. If MS wants to send one of its minions down
> from the Rainy Kingdom to check my systems, just say so, lets do it and
> move
> on, but stop pissing off one of the few loyal, honest customers you have
> left.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

I agree with your sentiments. I have always legally used microsofts windows
systems since 3.1. I have vista installed on my desktop and laptop. I
also have problems at having to reactivate. I know they say it is only a
phone call. I have found on averaged it is a 10 minute phone call and I
have trouble understanding the person on the other end.
I find it a real hassle. I dont pirate software and even though I have
always used microsoft I am now seriously looking into changing to Linux or
going back to 2000.