New OEM installation snag?

anonymous

New OEM installation snag?

I am trying to install a new OEM vista 64 home ed. on a new computer. I
figured why not dual boot with Xp since some programs have known
compatibility issues with Vista 64. I installed Xp... no problem. I
inserted the vista dvd: "This is not a valid win32 file type." Ok, I'll
try direct boot from DVD (like I should have): "Not a valid system
disk." Ok, I'll boot from win9x boot disk enable dvd and install from
there: readme.txt states "This OS does not support UDF file type. Vista
needs UDF support." Ok, I'll use an XP starup disk: "No drives found."
No longer ok.

I'm out of ideas and the internet seems to be lean on this problem. Any
ideas? Do I have to burn an ISO, if so how without access permission?

--
anonymous
John Barnes

Re: New OEM installation snag?
Yes you have to burn an ISO. Not sure why you don't have access permission,
but take ownership if the product you use to burn the ISO requires it. Burn
at a slow speed for better reliability and use quality media.

"anonymous" <anonymous.2w0hq3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I am trying to install a new OEM vista 64 home ed. on a new computer. I
> figured why not dual boot with Xp since some programs have known
> compatibility issues with Vista 64. I installed Xp... no problem. I
> inserted the vista dvd: "This is not a valid win32 file type." Ok, I'll
> try direct boot from DVD (like I should have): "Not a valid system
> disk." Ok, I'll boot from win9x boot disk enable dvd and install from
> there: readme.txt states "This OS does not support UDF file type. Vista
> needs UDF support." Ok, I'll use an XP starup disk: "No drives found."
> No longer ok.
>
> I'm out of ideas and the internet seems to be lean on this problem. Any
> ideas? Do I have to burn an ISO, if so how without access permission?
>

> --
> anonymous

sirwilliam

"anonymous" wrote:

> I am trying to install a new OEM vista 64 home ed. on a new computer. I
> figured why not dual boot with Xp since some programs have known
> compatibility issues with Vista 64. I installed Xp... no problem. I
> inserted the vista dvd: "This is not a valid win32 file type." Ok, I'll
> try direct boot from DVD (like I should have): "Not a valid system
> disk." Ok, I'll boot from win9x boot disk enable dvd and install from
> there: readme.txt states "This OS does not support UDF file type. Vista
> needs UDF support." Ok, I'll use an XP starup disk: "No drives found."
> No longer ok.
>
> I'm out of ideas and the internet seems to be lean on this problem. Any
> ideas? Do I have to burn an ISO, if so how without access permission?
>

> --
> anonymous

no nerd here, but I can tell you that you will alwys have to install the
latest opring sys first and set it up for dual boot, then install the second
operating system.

This rule also holds true when you are establishing your own network. The
Master(administrator computer must be the latest operating sys, and the
others can be something less. ie Vista master/others XP, ME, 98 or Xp
master/ME,98 as others
Mick Murphy

RE: New OEM installation snag?
http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

You are not a nerd, you are a f***ing TURD.

Stop giving out WRONG info!

Vista is the FIRST Microsoft OS that allows you to install Vista 1st in a
dual boot, followed by XP.

ALL previous Microsoft OSs have made you install the OLDER operating system
1st.

Don't come back here, cockhead!

"sirwilliam" wrote:

> "anonymous" wrote:
>

> > I am trying to install a new OEM vista 64 home ed. on a new computer. I
> > figured why not dual boot with Xp since some programs have known
> > compatibility issues with Vista 64. I installed Xp... no problem. I
> > inserted the vista dvd: "This is not a valid win32 file type." Ok, I'll
> > try direct boot from DVD (like I should have): "Not a valid system
> > disk." Ok, I'll boot from win9x boot disk enable dvd and install from
> > there: readme.txt states "This OS does not support UDF file type. Vista
> > needs UDF support." Ok, I'll use an XP starup disk: "No drives found."
> > No longer ok.
> >
> > I'm out of ideas and the internet seems to be lean on this problem. Any
> > ideas? Do I have to burn an ISO, if so how without access permission?
> >

> > --
> > anonymous
> >

> no nerd here, but I can tell you that you will alwys have to install the
> latest opring sys first and set it up for dual boot, then install the second
> operating system.
>
> This rule also holds true when you are establishing your own network. The
> Master(administrator computer must be the latest operating sys, and the
> others can be something less. ie Vista master/others XP, ME, 98 or Xp
> master/ME,98 as others

Mick Murphy

RE: New OEM installation snag?
And you are completely wrong about Networking!

Why don't you change your name from sir william > CUR william.

You are just a troll dog

"sirwilliam" wrote:

> "anonymous" wrote:
>

> > I am trying to install a new OEM vista 64 home ed. on a new computer. I
> > figured why not dual boot with Xp since some programs have known
> > compatibility issues with Vista 64. I installed Xp... no problem. I
> > inserted the vista dvd: "This is not a valid win32 file type." Ok, I'll
> > try direct boot from DVD (like I should have): "Not a valid system
> > disk." Ok, I'll boot from win9x boot disk enable dvd and install from
> > there: readme.txt states "This OS does not support UDF file type. Vista
> > needs UDF support." Ok, I'll use an XP starup disk: "No drives found."
> > No longer ok.
> >
> > I'm out of ideas and the internet seems to be lean on this problem. Any
> > ideas? Do I have to burn an ISO, if so how without access permission?
> >

> > --
> > anonymous
> >

> no nerd here, but I can tell you that you will alwys have to install the
> latest opring sys first and set it up for dual boot, then install the second
> operating system.
>
> This rule also holds true when you are establishing your own network. The
> Master(administrator computer must be the latest operating sys, and the
> others can be something less. ie Vista master/others XP, ME, 98 or Xp
> master/ME,98 as others

Vinson-Daly

RE: New OEM installation snag?
Sir William been hitting his crack pipe instead of the books.