Uninstalling Vista on one machine to install on another

dave

Uninstalling Vista on one machine to install on another
I actually bought a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate from the store. I had no
idea that it could only be installed on one single machine - I guess I
thought you could install it on at least a few computers at home. Anyway, I
installed the first copy onto my laptop (which can run very few of the
features such as the Aero theme), and I find it to be a waste.

I want to install it to my desktop but it says that the product ID is in
use. How do I uninstall Vista on my laptop so that I can deactivate the
product ID so I can install it onto my desktop? Is that even possible? If it
isn't possibly, I totally regret buying this product - I'm sure it's aimed to
fight piracy but it's pretty god damn annoying.
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Uninstalling Vista on one machine to install on another
Hello,

activate Vista on your desktop by phone. It won't take long, and when you
are linked to a person, tell them that you purchased new hardware and Vista
is used on only one computer. Delete Vista from your laptop.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I actually bought a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate from the store. I had no
> idea that it could only be installed on one single machine - I guess I
> thought you could install it on at least a few computers at home. Anyway,
> installed the first copy onto my laptop (which can run very few of the
> features such as the Aero theme), and I find it to be a waste.
>
> I want to install it to my desktop but it says that the product ID is in
> use. How do I uninstall Vista on my laptop so that I can deactivate the
> product ID so I can install it onto my desktop? Is that even possible? If
> it
> isn't possibly, I totally regret buying this product - I'm sure it's aimed
> fight piracy but it's pretty god damn annoying.

Bruce Chambers

dave wrote:
> I actually bought a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate from the store. I had no
> idea that it could only be installed on one single machine - I guess I
> thought you could install it on at least a few computers at home.

Can't imagine where you could have possibly gotten that idea. No
Microsoft OS has ever been licensed for more than one installation at a
time.

> Anyway, I
> installed the first copy onto my laptop (which can run very few of the
> features such as the Aero theme), and I find it to be a waste.
>
> I want to install it to my desktop but it says that the product ID is in
> use. How do I uninstall Vista on my laptop so that I can deactivate the
> product ID so I can install it onto my desktop?

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system, including
Vista, is to format the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.
Then, after installing Vista on the new computer, use the on-screen
instructions to perform a telephone activation.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm