home premium upgrade

Errol

home premium upgrade
if i do a clean instal of home premium and have backed up using xp backup
when i restore will all of my progams be installed or will i have to reinstal
everything include my internet setup
Rick Rogers

Re: home premium upgrade
Hi,

Programs will need to be reinstalled using their original installation
media. Only an upgrade would migrate programs as part of the install, or you
could have used the Easy Transfer Companion prior to the install to migrate
programs. The file created with XP's backup utility is not compatible with
Vista, you'll need to recover data in it using an XP system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Programs will need to be reinstalled using their original installation
> media. Only an upgrade would migrate programs as part of the install, or you
> could have used the Easy Transfer Companion prior to the install to migrate
> programs. The file created with XP's backup utility is not compatible with
> Vista, you'll need to recover data in it using an XP system.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Errol" <Errol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > if i do a clean instal of home premium and have backed up using xp backup
> > when i restore will all of my progams be installed or will i have to
> > reinstal
> > everything include my internet setup

> Thanks very much for your time and help much appreciated

Errol
Rick Rogers

Re: home premium upgrade
Hi,

Windows Easy Transfer is on the Vista DVD and can be used in XP to migrate
data and settings. The Easy Transfer Companion is used for programs and can
be found here: