Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card

randy

Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
I tried to install and get nothing but a BLUE screen, I have a new HP with
VistaHome Premium,with on-board video,How do I install this card???
JW

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
Make sure that when you boot the first time with the new card installed that
you go into your BIOS settings first to disable or set the onboard video to
not be your primary video.

"randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to install and get nothing but a BLUE screen, I have a new HP with
> VistaHome Premium,with on-board video,How do I install this card???

randy

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
"JW" I did go into the bios and set it for pci, then when I re-booted nothing
came up, I had to pull the power cord to turn the computer off.

"JW" wrote:

> Make sure that when you boot the first time with the new card installed that
> you go into your BIOS settings first to disable or set the onboard video to
> not be your primary video.
>
> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried to install and get nothing but a BLUE screen, I have a new HP with
> > VistaHome Premium,with on-board video,How do I install this card???

JW

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
Try again and try an F8 Safe Mode start.
Did you see the Bios display?
I assume you are also using the VGA interface for your monitor with X1300
card.
> "JW" I did go into the bios and set it for pci, then when I re-booted
> nothing
> came up, I had to pull the power cord to turn the computer off.
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Make sure that when you boot the first time with the new card installed
>> that
>> you go into your BIOS settings first to disable or set the onboard video
>> not be your primary video.
>>
>> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried to install and get nothing but a BLUE screen, I have a new HP
>> >with
>> > VistaHome Premium,with on-board video,How do I install this card???

randy

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
I will try to do this again, when I pressed f8 the only thing that showed was
restart in recovery or normal, there was no safe-mode, once I pulled the card
out and went to restart, then the safe-mode appeared.
yes I am using the VGA.

"JW" wrote:

> Try again and try an F8 Safe Mode start.
> Did you see the Bios display?
> I assume you are also using the VGA interface for your monitor with X1300
> card.
> "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "JW" I did go into the bios and set it for pci, then when I re-booted
> > nothing
> > came up, I had to pull the power cord to turn the computer off.
> >

> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Make sure that when you boot the first time with the new card installed
> >> that
> >> you go into your BIOS settings first to disable or set the onboard video
> >> not be your primary video.

randy

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
I just tried to load and install this visiontek card, it will not install, I
went and disabled the on board card, through the device manager, restarted in
save mode and tried to install the disk that came with the card, it kept
shutting down, so I am right back to where I started from.

"randy" wrote:

> I will try to do this again, when I pressed f8 the only thing that showed was
> restart in recovery or normal, there was no safe-mode, once I pulled the card
> out and went to restart, then the safe-mode appeared.
> yes I am using the VGA.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
> > Try again and try an F8 Safe Mode start.
> > Did you see the Bios display?
> > I assume you are also using the VGA interface for your monitor with X1300
> > card.
> > "randy" <randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > "JW" I did go into the bios and set it for pci, then when I re-booted
> > > nothing
> > > came up, I had to pull the power cord to turn the computer off.

JW

Re: Visiontek X1300 Graphics Card
Don't use the disk that came with the card. Download the latest version of
the Catalyst drivers for your card from the ATI.AMD website and install them
from safe mode.