Help - How to uninstall a program

User66

Help - How to uninstall a program
In Vista, To uninstall a program, I click on Start, Control Panel.
In Control panel, I click on the 'Uninstall a program' in the Program group.
This is what I find : A page of installed programs and a header,

"Uninstall or Change a program"
To uninstall a program, select it from the list and then click
"Uninstall", "Change", or "Repair",

As I right click an individual program, sometime it shows that I can
un-install it, but not all programs do that. How do I un-install a program
such as "Apple Software Update", which do not show how to uninstall ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
peter

Re: Help - How to uninstall a program
What was it an update for??........................
peter
"User66" <user66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Vista, To uninstall a program, I click on Start, Control Panel.
> In Control panel, I click on the 'Uninstall a program' in the Program
> group.
> This is what I find : A page of installed programs and a header,
> "Uninstall or Change a program"
> To uninstall a program, select it from the list and then click
> "Uninstall", "Change", or "Repair",
> As I right click an individual program, sometime it shows that I can
> un-install it, but not all programs do that. How do I un-install a program
> such as "Apple Software Update", which do not show how to uninstall ?
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

WMConey

RE: Help - How to uninstall a program
Same problem here - very few of the programs show an uninstall option. I
wanted to uninstall a game & didn't have that option. Then I noticed that the
uninstall option for the game [as found on the start / programs menu] ran
extremely slowly. No progress at all after 20 minutes.

I'm assuming I damaged something, but I don't know what.

"User66" wrote:

> In Vista, To uninstall a program, I click on Start, Control Panel.
> In Control panel, I click on the 'Uninstall a program' in the Program group.
> This is what I find : A page of installed programs and a header,
>
> "Uninstall or Change a program"
> To uninstall a program, select it from the list and then click
> "Uninstall", "Change", or "Repair",
>
> As I right click an individual program, sometime it shows that I can
> un-install it, but not all programs do that. How do I un-install a program
> such as "Apple Software Update", which do not show how to uninstall ?
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

User66

Re: Help - How to uninstall a program
As you can see, I am used to Windows XP, so I think I should be
able to operate Vista almost same as Windows XP. If you have loaded
any Apple software, try to unload it from the Control Panel. So far,
I am not able to.

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:OklCLu$5HHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> What was it an update for??........................
> peter
> "User66" <user66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> In Vista, To uninstall a program, I click on Start, Control Panel.
>> In Control panel, I click on the 'Uninstall a program' in the Program
>> group.
>> This is what I find : A page of installed programs and a header,
>> "Uninstall or Change a program"
>> To uninstall a program, select it from the list and then click
>> "Uninstall", "Change", or "Repair",
>> As I right click an individual program, sometime it shows that I can
>> un-install it, but not all programs do that. How do I un-install a program
>> such as "Apple Software Update", which do not show how to uninstall ?
>>
>> Any help will be highly appreciated.

User66

Re: Help - How to uninstall a program
It seems like; I am learning French after my second birth.
Frustration.....only....frustration.

"WMConey" <WMConey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Same problem here - very few of the programs show an uninstall option. I
> wanted to uninstall a game & didn't have that option. Then I noticed that the
> uninstall option for the game [as found on the start / programs menu] ran
> extremely slowly. No progress at all after 20 minutes.
>
> I'm assuming I damaged something, but I don't know what.
>
> "User66" wrote:
>
>> In Vista, To uninstall a program, I click on Start, Control Panel.
>> In Control panel, I click on the 'Uninstall a program' in the Program group.
>> This is what I find : A page of installed programs and a header,
>>
>> "Uninstall or Change a program"
>> To uninstall a program, select it from the list and then click
>> "Uninstall", "Change", or "Repair",
>>
>> As I right click an individual program, sometime it shows that I can
>> un-install it, but not all programs do that. How do I un-install a program
>> such as "Apple Software Update", which do not show how to uninstall ?
>>
>> Any help will be highly appreciated.

John Barnes

Re: Help - How to uninstall a program
Often if you reinstall the program, all the entries are set up properly to
uninstall it. This is especially the case if you upgraded from XP rather
than a clean install of Vista.