"not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

=?Utf-8?B?RyBIZW5yeQ==?=

"not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in
Event ID 4373
Upgraded laptop to Vista Ultimate (yes it is all vista compliant) upgrade
went great, now trying to install mmc 3.0 or any small admin update from
Microft and receive error above. I have plenat or ram and drive space. Please
help
=?Utf-8?B?TWU=?=

RE: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

"G Henry" wrote:

> Event ID 4373
> Upgraded laptop to Vista Ultimate (yes it is all vista compliant) upgrade
> went great, now trying to install mmc 3.0 or any small admin update from
> Microft and receive error above. I have plenat or ram and drive space. Please
> help

I'd love an answer to because I'm experiencing the same problem trying to
install Microsoft Common Controller driver for the Xbox 360 but it won't
install. I have plenty of free space. About 96.something GB

luke is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes same problem
i got the same problem too, i just trying to install windows installer , it's just a 3 mb software,,, when i install it ,,,, the error comes out ,,, telling me i have not enough storage to process the installing,,,, but i have 2 g ram,, and lots of space on the disc,,,,,?????? hope some one can find out the answer ... why ,,,, my computer is still new,,, thanks a lot
Mick Murphy

Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stop
Try right-clicking on it>Run as Admin.

"luke" wrote:

> i got the same problem too, i just trying to install windows installer ,
> it's just a 3 mb software,,, when i install it ,,,, the error comes out
> ,,, telling me i have not enough storage to process the installing,,,,
> but i have 2 g ram,, and lots of space on the disc,,,,,?????? hope some
> one can find out the answer ... why ,,,, my computer is still new,,,
> thanks a lot
>

> --
> luke

mcpetters@gmail.com

Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stop
On Jan 1, 12:30 am, Mick Murphy <MickMur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Try right-clicking on it>Run as Admin.
>
> "luke" wrote:
>
> > i got the same problem too, i just trying to install windows installer ,
> > it's just a 3 mb software,,, when i install it ,,,, the error comes out
> > ,,, telling me i have not enough storage to process the installing,,,,
> > but i have 2 g ram,, and lots of space on the disc,,,,,?????? hope some
> > one can find out the answer ... why ,,,, my computer is still new,,,
> > thanks a lot

> > --
> > luke

I'm experiencing the same problem trying to install the Microsoft
Common Controller driver. I'm running Vista with 1.5GB RAM.
I have most of my files on an external hard drive but on my hard disk
I have about 20GB of space free, which is much more than should be
taken up by this driver.
I tried the above suggestion of Run as Administrator to no avail.
I did find something that seems like it could be a solution, but I've
yet to try it.
http://www.tutorials-win.com/win2000...torage-561038/
The only reason I haven't tried it, is because this guy was trying to
map a drive to his computer and was getting the "not enough storage",
which is something completely different.
Not to mention he's running Windows 2K.
Although, it is the same error message, I'm a little hesitant to go
edit my registry to change my "IRPStackSize" when I really have no
clue what the outcome would be.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
APS_2008

Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

Hi

Same problem here!!!
When trying to install windows installer on 3 different vista machines
they all come up with the same error and all the laptops are about 2
months old if that.
Any ideas on a fix would be great????/

--
APS_2008
Hans-Georg Michna

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:45:35 -0500, APS_2008 wrote:

>When trying to install windows installer on 3 different vista machines
>they all come up with the same error and all the laptops are about 2
>months old if that.

The answer is at http://winhlp.com/node/40 .

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Aldridge

Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in

Have a look here for solution:
http://forums.techarena.in/networkin...ty/1124969.htm

--
Aldridge
Aldridge's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/aldridge.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

dantequaranta is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: "not enough storage is available to process this command" stops in
Not enough storage is available to process this command

In the last few months I have been plagued with this error “Not enough storage is available to process this command.” that seems to come and go, not only that, it doesn’t seem to be limited to a particular operating system, I’ve seen it on Vista Ultimate, Windows XP SP3 and now more recently Windows 7 Ultimate. The most common fix for this is creating or increasing the IRPStackSize value in the Parameters Key within the LanManServer config. This process requires an edit of your current registry so please do this with caution and create a backup before fiddling around with it.

To put it in geek terms the IRPStackSize is a parameter that specifies the number of stack locations in I/O request packets (IRPs) that are used by the operating system. Each stack uses 36 bytes of memory for each receive buffer and you can increase the IRPStackSize, through the Windows registry for some transports, media access control (MAC) drivers, or for file system drivers. The default value of the IRPStackSize parameter is 15.

To do this follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters
3. Locate IRPStackSize
4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

This can be found under MS KB Description of the IRPStackSize parameter in Windows 2000, in Windows XP, and in Windows Server 2003

Hope this helps fellas.