Sharepoint Services and Vista Install

kacole917

Sharepoint Services and Vista Install
I'm trying to upgrade my WindowsXP workstation to Vista. I can't get past the
compatibility check. No matter what I do or uninstall it keeps telling me that
"Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following
programs:
Windows SharePoint Services", I don't have it listed in my Add/Remove
programs list. I uninstalled every Office product on my machine. I deleted
every registry entry I could think of. I do not know how to get past this
step. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

CelCris_5

RE: Sharepoint Services and Vista Install
I have the same problem and I can't seem to find an answer to my problem
anywhere. It is very frustrating.

"kacole917" wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my WindowsXP workstation to Vista. I can't get past the
> compatibility check. No matter what I do or uninstall it keeps telling me that
> "Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following
> programs:
> Windows SharePoint Services", I don't have it listed in my Add/Remove
> programs list. I uninstalled every Office product on my machine. I deleted
> every registry entry I could think of. I do not know how to get past this
> step. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Ronnie Duquette

RE: Sharepoint Services and Vista Install
yes, look under c:\program files for something like sts_setup or similiar
folder. Delete the folder and continue.

"kacole917" wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my WindowsXP workstation to Vista. I can't get past the
> compatibility check. No matter what I do or uninstall it keeps telling me that
> "Close Windows installation, go to Programs, and uninstall the following
> programs:
> Windows SharePoint Services", I don't have it listed in my Add/Remove
> programs list. I uninstalled every Office product on my machine. I deleted
> every registry entry I could think of. I do not know how to get past this
> step. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Bill

RE: Sharepoint Services and Vista Install
That's the same solution posted all over the net and might work for some but
I have no "sts_" anything on the machine and still get the same error. If
this is as prevalent as it seems, why doesn't MS have a solution somewhere?