USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?

peter c.a.hawkins

USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
I have tried every thing i know of and still no solution,this includes the
microsoft usb fix .The solution must lie in the registry but what is the
answer?
Basically i put a hp personal media drive into the hp drive bay and i get
"usb device not recognised"pop up.
iv`e tried uninstalling the correct root hub ,uninstalling the "unknown
device" and reinstalling it.When i reboot i get the software for unknown
device has been successfully installed,ready to use.Oh not it`s not.!
the personal media drive works if i attach it by usb and power lead to any
other usb port so i know it works and it is recognised as an external hard
drive.
Please help ,cos iv`e just about had enough of vista .
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
Have you installed the drivers and support software supplied with the drive?

"peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E55A21A9-D23A-4082-9802-09940ED3929B@microsoft.com...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

peter c.a.hawkins

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
Typical hp,the software disc is not vista compatible,when i put the disc in
and run hpdi.exe it states this operating system does not support this set up
utility .iv`e tried it in compatibility mode but there is no sign of any
drivers on the cd.user guide,sonic back up hp media center setup utility and
adobe acrobat reader.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Have you installed the drivers and support software supplied with the drive?
>

> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E55A21A9-D23A-4082-9802-09940ED3929B@microsoft.com...
> >I have tried every thing i know of and still no solution,this includes the
> > microsoft usb fix .The solution must lie in the registry but what is the
> > answer?
> > Basically i put a hp personal media drive into the hp drive bay and i get
> > "usb device not recognised"pop up.
> > iv`e tried uninstalling the correct root hub ,uninstalling the "unknown
> > device" and reinstalling it.When i reboot i get the software for unknown
> > device has been successfully installed,ready to use.Oh not it`s not.!
> > the personal media drive works if i attach it by usb and power lead to any
> > other usb port so i know it works and it is recognised as an external hard
> > drive.
> > Please help ,cos iv`e just about had enough of vista .

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
So you type the make and model of drive into a Google search which will
eventually take you to this website..

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...4&subm it.y=2

Select your model and then download the appropriate drivers and support
software.

You have to bear in mind that some of these products are not exactly new,
and may have been in stock for some while, as in before the general release
of Vista..

"peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2602C4A3-FDFF-4068-BD18-C795F0240FF0@microsoft.com...
> Typical hp,the software disc is not vista compatible,when i put the disc
> in
> and run hpdi.exe it states this operating system does not support this set
> up
> utility .iv`e tried it in compatibility mode but there is no sign of any
> drivers on the cd.user guide,sonic back up hp media center setup utility
> and
> adobe acrobat reader.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Have you installed the drivers and support software supplied with the
>> drive?
>>

>> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E55A21A9-D23A-4082-9802-09940ED3929B@microsoft.com...
>> >I have tried every thing i know of and still no solution,this includes
>> >the
>> > microsoft usb fix .The solution must lie in the registry but what is
>> > the
>> > answer?
>> > Basically i put a hp personal media drive into the hp drive bay and i
>> > get
>> > "usb device not recognised"pop up.
>> > iv`e tried uninstalling the correct root hub ,uninstalling the "unknown
>> > device" and reinstalling it.When i reboot i get the software for
>> > unknown
>> > device has been successfully installed,ready to use.Oh not it`s not.!
>> > the personal media drive works if i attach it by usb and power lead to
>> > any
>> > other usb port so i know it works and it is recognised as an external
>> > hard
>> > drive.
>> > Please help ,cos iv`e just about had enough of vista .

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Bruce Chambers

peter c.a.hawkins wrote:
> Typical hp,the software disc is not vista compatible,when i put the disc in
> and run hpdi.exe it states this operating system does not support this set up
> utility .iv`e tried it in compatibility mode but there is no sign of any
> drivers on the cd.user guide,sonic back up hp media center setup utility and
> adobe acrobat reader.

Contact HP to obtain Vista-specific device drivers for their hardware.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

peter c.a.hawkins

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
Sir, i click on the link in hp(1600 pmd) it then states where do you want the
software disc to be sent to, usa or canada,there is no download possible.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> So you type the make and model of drive into a Google search which will
> eventually take you to this website..
>
> http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...4&subm it.y=2
>
> Select your model and then download the appropriate drivers and support
> software.
>
> You have to bear in mind that some of these products are not exactly new,
> and may have been in stock for some while, as in before the general release
> of Vista..
>

> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2602C4A3-FDFF-4068-BD18-C795F0240FF0@microsoft.com...
> > Typical hp,the software disc is not vista compatible,when i put the disc
> > in
> > and run hpdi.exe it states this operating system does not support this set
> > up
> > utility .iv`e tried it in compatibility mode but there is no sign of any
> > drivers on the cd.user guide,sonic back up hp media center setup utility
> > and
> > adobe acrobat reader.
> >
> > "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you installed the drivers and support software supplied with the
> >> drive?
> >>

> >> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E55A21A9-D23A-4082-9802-09940ED3929B@microsoft.com...
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Mike Hall
> >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
> >>

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
If you can see 'Roxio Backup MyPC Application Update' on the web page I have
given to you, try downloading/installing it..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...247895&lang=en

"peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CDC135AC-A33D-4D95-81D5-B5D0C1C5B74D@microsoft.com...
> Sir, i click on the link in hp(1600 pmd) it then states where do you want
> the
> software disc to be sent to, usa or canada,there is no download possible.
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> So you type the make and model of drive into a Google search which will
>> eventually take you to this website..
>>
>> http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...4&subm it.y=2
>>
>> Select your model and then download the appropriate drivers and support
>> software.
>>
>> You have to bear in mind that some of these products are not exactly new,
>> and may have been in stock for some while, as in before the general
>> release
>> of Vista..
>>

>> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:2602C4A3-FDFF-4068-BD18-C795F0240FF0@microsoft.com...
>> > Typical hp,the software disc is not vista compatible,when i put the
>> > disc
>> > in
>> > and run hpdi.exe it states this operating system does not support this
>> > set
>> > up
>> > utility .iv`e tried it in compatibility mode but there is no sign of
>> > any
>> > drivers on the cd.user guide,sonic back up hp media center setup
>> > utility
>> > and
>> > adobe acrobat reader.

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

peter c.a.hawkins

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
Sir, i very much appreciate your suggestions as i know your well knowledged
,iv`e been in this forum for quite a few years now ,that`s how i know.
I already have that application installed on my pc in the creator 9 suite
from roxio.

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> If you can see 'Roxio Backup MyPC Application Update' on the web page I have
> given to you, try downloading/installing it..
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...247895&lang=en
>

> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:CDC135AC-A33D-4D95-81D5-B5D0C1C5B74D@microsoft.com...
> > Sir, i click on the link in hp(1600 pmd) it then states where do you want
> > the
> > software disc to be sent to, usa or canada,there is no download possible.
> >
> > "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> So you type the make and model of drive into a Google search which will
> >> eventually take you to this website..
> >>
> >> http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...4&subm it.y=2
> >>
> >> Select your model and then download the appropriate drivers and support
> >> software.
> >>
> >> You have to bear in mind that some of these products are not exactly new,
> >> and may have been in stock for some while, as in before the general
> >> release
> >> of Vista..
> >>

> >> "peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:2602C4A3-FDFF-4068-BD18-C795F0240FF0@microsoft.com...

> >> --
> >>

> >> Mike Hall
> >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
> >>

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: USB device not recognised/Is there a 100% fix for this yet?
It may be corrupt.. try re-installing it..

"peter c.a.hawkins" <petercahawkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news78226BC-B7FF-41E1-9D36-AFA7DFECE1DD@microsoft.com...