Windows Instalation CD

blahyy

Windows Instalation CD
Hi!
Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home Edition
Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but wonder
if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker with
serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding Windows.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Windows Instalation CD
If you wish to install a different language version of
Windows, then you'll have to go out and purchase
the language version of Windows you wish to install
and perform a "clean install'. You cannot use the
Product Key affixed to your computer to install a
different language version.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"blahyy" wrote:

Hi!
Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home Edition
Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but wonder
if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker with
serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding Windows.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
blahyy

Re: Windows Instalation CD
OK, thanks!
But I still want want to have an Instalation CD for my english version of
Windows and I want to receive it directly from Microsoft (due to safety
reasons). Where I can get hold of one?
Many thanks

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> If you wish to install a different language version of
> Windows, then you'll have to go out and purchase
> the language version of Windows you wish to install
> and perform a "clean install'. You cannot use the
> Product Key affixed to your computer to install a
> different language version.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "blahyy" wrote:
>
> Hi!
> Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home Edition
> Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but wonder
> if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker with
> serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding Windows.
> Appreciate any help.
> Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Windows Instalation CD
Microsoft does not supply replacement discs for
OEM installations. You would need to contact
the manufacturer of your computer and request
a replacement from them.

How to replace Microsoft software:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"blahyy" wrote:

Hi!
Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home Edition
Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but wonder
if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker with
serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding Windows.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Mike Brannigan

Re: Windows Instalation CD
"blahyy" <blahyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, thanks!
> But I still want want to have an Instalation CD for my english version of
> Windows and I want to receive it directly from Microsoft (due to safety
> reasons). Where I can get hold of one?
> Many thanks

You can't (from Microsoft)
If your PC came preinstalled with Windows XP ( by the way this is a Vista
group, you should be posting to the XP ones), then the operating system is
NOT the responsibility of Microsoft but is actually that of the OEM (the
system builder). If you want a full CD of the OS then you need to contact
them and they can CHOOSE to provide one or not (you are not actually
entitled to one , only a means to reset the machine to as shipped from the
factory to you - often recovery CDs or a recovery partition).
--

Mike Brannigan

"blahyy" <blahyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, thanks!
> But I still want want to have an Instalation CD for my english version of
> Windows and I want to receive it directly from Microsoft (due to safety
> reasons). Where I can get hold of one?
> Many thanks
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you wish to install a different language version of
>> Windows, then you'll have to go out and purchase
>> the language version of Windows you wish to install
>> and perform a "clean install'. You cannot use the
>> Product Key affixed to your computer to install a
>> different language version.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "blahyy" wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>> Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home
>> Edition
>> Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but
>> wonder
>> if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker
>> with
>> serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding
>> Windows.
>> Appreciate any help.
>> Thanks

bulldog

RE: Windows Instalation CD

"blahyy" wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there any place where I can download or order a Windows XP Home Edition
> Instalation CD. I bought my computer with Windows installed on it but wonder
> if I can get my operative system in another language. I've got a sticker with
> serial on my computer but that was all I got from seller regarding Windows.
> Appreciate any help.
> Thanks

windows instalation CD

RE: Windows Instalation CD