BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

Graphic

BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I had someone else build this PC. I have two seperate 500 gb hdd's. I
had him install XP on one and Vista 32 on the other. I want to install
Vista x64 so I can get all 4 gigs of my ram recognized.

I reformatted the Vista 32 drive.

Now when I boot from the x64 dvd, it shows "Windows is loading files",
then it goes to the screen with the "Microsoft Corporation (C)" and the
green load bar, then eventually comes up with a BSOD.

Any ideas?

--
Graphic
Graphic

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

Ok It generously decided to let me go further before I get a BSOD.

I almost finished installing, it restarted a few times and got to the
part where it said "Windows is now preparing to load for the first time"
or something to that effect, and I think that's when I got the blue
screen again, or the restart after that.

After a couple reboots I finally didnt get a BSOD but Windows kindly
informed me "The computer has unexpectedly shut down. Please restart
the application."

The error message for the first BSOD is as follows...it looks similar
to the other BSOD error but I cant be certain as that one restarted
itself fairly quickly...

Stop: 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000985E251,
0XFFFFF9800E0EB98, 0XFFFFF9800E0E570)

--
Graphic
Yukon Jack

"Graphic" <Graphic.2vspve@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ok It generously decided to let me go further before I get a BSOD.
>
> I almost finished installing, it restarted a few times and got to the
> part where it said "Windows is now preparing to load for the first time"
> or something to that effect, and I think that's when I got the blue
> screen again, or the restart after that.
>
> After a couple reboots I finally didnt get a BSOD but Windows kindly
> informed me "The computer has unexpectedly shut down. Please restart
> the application."
>
> The error message for the first BSOD is as follows...it looks similar
> to the other BSOD error but I cant be certain as that one restarted
> itself fairly quickly...
>
> Stop: 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000985E251,
> 0XFFFFF9800E0EB98, 0XFFFFF9800E0E570)
>

> --
> Graphic

Try installing with just 2gb of ram and then install the other 2 after Vista
is installed.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

"Graphic" <Graphic.2vspve@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ok It generously decided to let me go further before I get a BSOD.
>
> I almost finished installing, it restarted a few times and got to the
> part where it said "Windows is now preparing to load for the first time"
> or something to that effect, and I think that's when I got the blue
> screen again, or the restart after that.
>
> After a couple reboots I finally didnt get a BSOD but Windows kindly
> informed me "The computer has unexpectedly shut down. Please restart
> the application."
>
> The error message for the first BSOD is as follows...it looks similar
> to the other BSOD error but I cant be certain as that one restarted
> itself fairly quickly...
>
> Stop: 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000985E251,
> 0XFFFFF9800E0EB98, 0XFFFFF9800E0E570)
>

> --
> Graphic

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD
You have some hardware that's incompatible somewhere;
http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7e

Did you run the Vista Upgrade Advisor before the installation to see that
all your hardware was compatible (even though you are clean installing not
upgrading, it's still useful to work out what may cause issues.)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Graphic" <Graphic.2vspve@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ok It generously decided to let me go further before I get a BSOD.
>
> I almost finished installing, it restarted a few times and got to the
> part where it said "Windows is now preparing to load for the first time"
> or something to that effect, and I think that's when I got the blue
> screen again, or the restart after that.
>
> After a couple reboots I finally didnt get a BSOD but Windows kindly
> informed me "The computer has unexpectedly shut down. Please restart
> the application."
>
> The error message for the first BSOD is as follows...it looks similar
> to the other BSOD error but I cant be certain as that one restarted
> itself fairly quickly...
>
> Stop: 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000985E251,
> 0XFFFFF9800E0EB98, 0XFFFFF9800E0E570)
>

> --
> Graphic

Graphic

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

Reloaded Vists 32 bit back up. Thanks for your feedback guys, I'll look
into what you mentioned and try to reattack this at a later date, when
I'm a little more prepared and not so impulsive about it

--
Graphic
John Barnes

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD
Since it works with Vista86 and BSOD with Vista64, it has to be a 64-bit
problem. Since the Upgrade Advisor is only 32 bit, and 32 bit works, what's
the point?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> You have some hardware that's incompatible somewhere;
> http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x7e
>
> Did you run the Vista Upgrade Advisor before the installation to see that
> all your hardware was compatible (even though you are clean installing not
> upgrading, it's still useful to work out what may cause issues.)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Graphic" <Graphic.2vspve@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Ok It generously decided to let me go further before I get a BSOD.
>>
>> I almost finished installing, it restarted a few times and got to the
>> part where it said "Windows is now preparing to load for the first time"
>> or something to that effect, and I think that's when I got the blue
>> screen again, or the restart after that.
>>
>> After a couple reboots I finally didnt get a BSOD but Windows kindly
>> informed me "The computer has unexpectedly shut down. Please restart
>> the application."
>>
>> The error message for the first BSOD is as follows...it looks similar
>> to the other BSOD error but I cant be certain as that one restarted
>> itself fairly quickly...
>>
>> Stop: 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000985E251,
>> 0XFFFFF9800E0EB98, 0XFFFFF9800E0E570)
>>

>> --
>> Graphic

Graphic

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

Here's my hardware. The person who built this for me told me he's 100%
sure everything is 64 bit compatible:

Mainboard : NVIDIA NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
Chipset : nVidia nForce 590 SLI
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 FX 62 @ 2800 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (500 GB)
Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON COMBO SHC-52S7K SCSI CdRom Device
DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 22 inches
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6000
DirectX : Version 10.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.3

--
Graphic
John Barnes

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD
First thing to try is to remove half your memory. Vista can have problems
with 4gig memory. There is a hotfix you can install later if it installs.

"Graphic" <Graphic.2vw5h8@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Here's my hardware. The person who built this for me told me he's 100%
> sure everything is 64 bit compatible:
>
> Mainboard : NVIDIA NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
> Chipset : nVidia nForce 590 SLI
> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 FX 62 @ 2800 MHz
> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
> Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (500 GB)
> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (500 GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON COMBO SHC-52S7K SCSI CdRom Device
> DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S SCSI CdRom Device
> Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 22 inches
> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6000
> DirectX : Version 10.00
> Windows Performance Index : 5.3
>

> --
> Graphic

chrisn

Re: BSOD when booting from x64 DVD

I don't have a solution to this problem yet but I'd just like to
contribute the fact that I came accross the same problem after upgrading
a machine's HDDs replacing 400GB Samsung drives with 500GB (also from
Samsung).

--
chrisn