How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?

Robert James

How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this mother
board.
I really cantgo for a new pc right now.

Is there a way around.

Thanks

James

Michael Solomon

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?

"Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
> Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this mother
> board.
> I really cantgo for a new pc right now.
>
> Is there a way around.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Drivers are the responsibility of the hardware manufacturer so Intel is your
only option. You might try using the XP drivers. Failing that, you could
return your setup to XP and wait until you are ready to move to a new
computer before using Vista.
--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

Michael Solomon

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?

"Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
> Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this mother
> board.
> I really cantgo for a new pc right now.
>
> Is there a way around.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Another possibility I overlooked is you could get a third party graphics
card that has Vista compatible drivers. Since nVidia seems to still be
having quite a bit of trouble with their drivers, you might want to check
out ATI cards that might be in your price range, check various online
retailers, do a Google search. Once you find a suitable card, check the ATI
site to be sure there are Vista compatible drivers for the card.
--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Robert James

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
I would need a PCI card and not an AGP card as my mother board does not have
an AGP slot.
WHich one would you recommend?

My other pc specs are
HDD 160GB x1
80gb x 1
TFT syncmaster 740n
Pinnacle PCTV
WIFI
Wireless keyboard n mouse
1gb ram
P4 2.6ghz

Hope this system will support vista fine if I get a ATI graphic card.

Thanks friend, this had naver occured to me that I could upgrade my graphic
card.

>I would need a PCI card and not an AGP card as my mother board does not
>have an AGP slot.
> WHich one would you recommend?
>
> My other pc specs are
> HDD 160GB x1
> 80gb x 1
> TFT syncmaster 740n
> Pinnacle PCTV
> WIFI
> Wireless keyboard n mouse
> 1gb ram
> P4 2.6ghz
>
> Hope this system will support vista fine if I get a ATI graphic card.
>
> Thanks friend, this had naver occured to me that I could upgrade my
> graphic card.
>

> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
>>> Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this
>>> mother board.
>>> I really cantgo for a new pc right now.
>>>
>>> Is there a way around.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> James

>> Another possibility I overlooked is you could get a third party graphics
>> card that has Vista compatible drivers. Since nVidia seems to still be
>> having quite a bit of trouble with their drivers, you might want to check
>> out ATI cards that might be in your price range, check various online
>> retailers, do a Google search. Once you find a suitable card, check the
>> ATI site to be sure there are Vista compatible drivers for the card.
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

There are still PCI cards around, I found a few at wwww.tigerdirect.com and
www.newegg.com but when I checked the ATI site, I found none with vista
compatible drivers.

PCI graphics cards are pretty old now, certainly by today's standards given
that most systems have either AGP or PCI-express.

You might have better luck looking or someone else might be aware of a PCI
card for which Vista drivers are available but I didn't see any.

Are you sure there's no AGP slot? I'm surprised a P4 board wouldn't have at
least that.

Sorry, wish I could have been more help.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Robert James

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
Yes intel 845GVAD2 board doesnt have AGP

> "Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I would need a PCI card and not an AGP card as my mother board does not
>>have an AGP slot.
>> WHich one would you recommend?
>>
>> My other pc specs are
>> HDD 160GB x1
>> 80gb x 1
>> TFT syncmaster 740n
>> Pinnacle PCTV
>> WIFI
>> Wireless keyboard n mouse
>> 1gb ram
>> P4 2.6ghz
>>
>> Hope this system will support vista fine if I get a ATI graphic card.
>>
>> Thanks friend, this had naver occured to me that I could upgrade my
>> graphic card.
>>

>> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Another possibility I overlooked is you could get a third party graphics
>>> card that has Vista compatible drivers. Since nVidia seems to still be
>>> having quite a bit of trouble with their drivers, you might want to
>>> check out ATI cards that might be in your price range, check various
>>> online retailers, do a Google search. Once you find a suitable card,
>>> check the ATI site to be sure there are Vista compatible drivers for the
>>> card.
>>> --
>>> Michael Solomon
>>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

> There are still PCI cards around, I found a few at wwww.tigerdirect.com
> and www.newegg.com but when I checked the ATI site, I found none with
> vista compatible drivers.
>
> PCI graphics cards are pretty old now, certainly by today's standards
> given that most systems have either AGP or PCI-express.
>
> You might have better luck looking or someone else might be aware of a PCI
> card for which Vista drivers are available but I didn't see any.
>
> Are you sure there's no AGP slot? I'm surprised a P4 board wouldn't have
> at least that.
>
> Sorry, wish I could have been more help.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon
> Backup is a PC user's best friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Robert Moir

> Yes intel 845GVAD2 board doesnt have AGP

offered for what little it may turn out to be worth
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?...wt opic=92914

Michael Solomon

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?

"Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes intel 845GVAD2 board doesnt have AGP
>
> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I would need a PCI card and not an AGP card as my mother board does not
>>>have an AGP slot.
>>> WHich one would you recommend?
>>>
>>> My other pc specs are
>>> HDD 160GB x1
>>> 80gb x 1
>>> TFT syncmaster 740n
>>> Pinnacle PCTV
>>> WIFI
>>> Wireless keyboard n mouse
>>> 1gb ram
>>> P4 2.6ghz
>>>
>>> Hope this system will support vista fine if I get a ATI graphic card.
>>>
>>> Thanks friend, this had naver occured to me that I could upgrade my
>>> graphic card.
>>>

>>> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

>> There are still PCI cards around, I found a few at wwww.tigerdirect.com
>> and www.newegg.com but when I checked the ATI site, I found none with
>> vista compatible drivers.
>>
>> PCI graphics cards are pretty old now, certainly by today's standards
>> given that most systems have either AGP or PCI-express.
>>
>> You might have better luck looking or someone else might be aware of a
>> PCI card for which Vista drivers are available but I didn't see any.
>>
>> Are you sure there's no AGP slot? I'm surprised a P4 board wouldn't have
>> at least that.
>>
>> Sorry, wish I could have been more help.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

This is strange. The Intel site confirms no AGP slot but the information at
the following site states there is an AGP 4x controller:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Intel_Desktop_...GVAD2__5410123

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

KickinChicken

Re: How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
What issues are nVidia drivers having? I have no problem with my nVidia
drivers. and I use SLI.

"KickinChicken" <KickinChicken@home.soon> wrote in message
> What issues are nVidia drivers having? I have no problem with my nVidia
> drivers. and I use SLI.
>
> "Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Robert James" <xpindia@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board?
>>> Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this
>>> mother board.
>>> I really cantgo for a new pc right now.
>>>
>>> Is there a way around.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> James

>> Another possibility I overlooked is you could get a third party graphics
>> card that has Vista compatible drivers. Since nVidia seems to still be
>> having quite a bit of trouble with their drivers, you might want to check
>> out ATI cards that might be in your price range, check various online
>> retailers, do a Google search. Once you find a suitable card, check the
>> ATI site to be sure there are Vista compatible drivers for the card.
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

I can't say whether or not your experience is typical since people who post
in these newsgroups do so because they have problems. nVidia drivers, by an
large, since Vista release have caused a number of user issue, sometimes it
was system instability, crashing when viewing various graphics or webpages
and, in some cases, problems getting Vista to install without first removing
the card. The issues are numerous and have been all over this group and the
hardware and setup groups.

While these may not be typical, their numbers far greater that what we've
seen with regard to ATI. That doesn't mean there haven't been any ATI
issues but they have been far fewer than what we've seen with nVidia.