never received copy of vista

formydals

never received copy of vista
Help!! I bought a laptop in December and filled out the information online
and paid the postage to get the VISTA upgrade. I have never received my
copy. I have called Dell several times and never get a straight answer
except to say that it was shipped and delivered. I never received it. Does
anyone know who I can contact to directly speak with someone to help me get
my copy of vista??
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: never received copy of vista
You need to contact Dell.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"formydals" <formydals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBF8DB11-15F6-4536-9D33-8241ADDF2AA9@microsoft.com...
Help!! I bought a laptop in December and filled out the information online
and paid the postage to get the VISTA upgrade. I have never received my
copy. I have called Dell several times and never get a straight answer
except to say that it was shipped and delivered. I never received it. Does
anyone know who I can contact to directly speak with someone to help me get
my copy of vista??

John Barnett MVP

Re: never received copy of vista
The problem lies with Dell. If they sent you a copy then they should have
all the carriage details - date sent, Carrier used, etc. If it has got lost
in transit then you need to claim from the carrier.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"formydals" <formydals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBF8DB11-15F6-4536-9D33-8241ADDF2AA9@microsoft.com...
> Help!! I bought a laptop in December and filled out the information online
> and paid the postage to get the VISTA upgrade. I have never received my
> copy. I have called Dell several times and never get a straight answer
> except to say that it was shipped and delivered. I never received it.
> Does
> anyone know who I can contact to directly speak with someone to help me
> get
> my copy of vista??

John Barnes

Re: never received copy of vista
Except the shipper has to file any claims for lost shipments with most
carriers.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> The problem lies with Dell. If they sent you a copy then they should have
> all the carriage details - date sent, Carrier used, etc. If it has got
> lost in transit then you need to claim from the carrier.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "formydals" <formydals@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsBF8DB11-15F6-4536-9D33-8241ADDF2AA9@microsoft.com...
>> Help!! I bought a laptop in December and filled out the information
>> online
>> and paid the postage to get the VISTA upgrade. I have never received my
>> copy. I have called Dell several times and never get a straight answer
>> except to say that it was shipped and delivered. I never received it.
>> Does
>> anyone know who I can contact to directly speak with someone to help me
>> get
>> my copy of vista??

Cynthia Bishop

Never received copy of Vista when I purchase a Gateway
I also never received my upgrade after complying with their offer. Received an email stating that I had complied and would receive it within 4-6 weeks, but never did. Now it's August...

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Paul Randall

Re: Never received copy of Vista when I purchase a Gateway
What does Gateway have to say about it.
I think Gateway keeps a record of your computer's serial number and can tell
you all kinds of stuff about your particular machine. And hopefully it can
tell you when and how the update was shipped or when or if they received
the necessary upgrade info from you.

-Paul Randall