Vista installation crashes

azaghalzero

Vista installation crashes
I have windows xp professional in my system. When the inicial setup finishes
it prompts to restart the system. after the system restarts it goes up to the
the black loading screen with the white loading bar on the bottom but after
it finishes loading the system crashes.
Current system configuration
Via Technologies P4M266A-8235
P4 2.66GHz
1.25 GB of ram
S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR video card.
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista installation crashes
What version of Vista are you upgrading to?

"azaghalzero" wrote:

> I have windows xp professional in my system. When the inicial setup finishes
> it prompts to restart the system. after the system restarts it goes up to the
> the black loading screen with the white loading bar on the bottom but after
> it finishes loading the system crashes.
> Current system configuration
> Via Technologies P4M266A-8235
> P4 2.66GHz
> 1.25 GB of ram
> S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR video card.

azaghalzero

RE: Vista installation crashes
Vista Home premium oem

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> What version of Vista are you upgrading to?
>
> "azaghalzero" wrote:
>
> > I have windows xp professional in my system. When the inicial setup finishes
> > it prompts to restart the system. after the system restarts it goes up to the
> > the black loading screen with the white loading bar on the bottom but after
> > it finishes loading the system crashes.
> > Current system configuration
> > Via Technologies P4M266A-8235
> > P4 2.66GHz
> > 1.25 GB of ram
> > S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR video card.

Paul Randall

Re: Vista installation crashes
OEM version typically are not 'upgrades'; they are typically installed by
the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). One exception might have
occurred around Christmas, when OEM computers with WXP had a promised free
upgrade to Vista. I haven't seen one of these 'upgrade OEM' disks yet.

-Paul Randall

"azaghalzero" <azaghalzero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista Home premium oem
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> What version of Vista are you upgrading to?
>>
>> "azaghalzero" wrote:
>>
>> > I have windows xp professional in my system. When the inicial setup
>> > finishes
>> > it prompts to restart the system. after the system restarts it goes up
>> > to the
>> > the black loading screen with the white loading bar on the bottom but
>> > after
>> > it finishes loading the system crashes.
>> > Current system configuration
>> > Via Technologies P4M266A-8235
>> > P4 2.66GHz
>> > 1.25 GB of ram
>> > S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR video card.

John Barnes

Re: Vista installation crashes
When you are starting that last boot try hitting F8 and booting into safe
mode. If that works, you probably have a video driver problem. I would go
into system properties startup and restore and turn off automatic restart,
which should leave the error message on the screen.