vista install

Jim

vista install
Hi,
I had windows XPPro set on a partition on my hard drive.Installed Vista Basic on a second partition on the same drive. Problem I have is I am running out of space on the vista partition. So I formatted the partition XPPro was installed on thinking I could add space to vista partition. Un able to increase size of vista partition with the formatted XPPro partition space. So I ow have just deleted the partition and still un able to use space to increase vista basic partition. Please if anyone could give me a way to use the space that I have from the formatted XPPro partition now deleted XPPro partition I would really be pleased. Will say thankyou in advance for any help. I also tried Bootit NG without any success! I could re format the complete drive and start over but really would like to avoid this option.
Jim

Re: vista install

Sorry about my question! Fou this answer in your group! Thanks!

Extend A Partition Using The Windows Vista DVD
Extending a partition is a completely new addition to Windows Vista. This allows the user to actually 'stretch' a partition instead of having to use third party software.

To extend a partition using the Windows Vista DVD proceed as follows:

1/ Switch on your PC

2/ Quickly insert the Vista DVD into your CD/DVD-ROM drive

3/ A message will appear asking you to 'Press any key to boot from CD/DVD

4/ Press any key

5/ A black screen will now appear with a progress bar along the bottom. The legend say's 'Windows is loading files'

6/ After the files have been loaded the Language screen will appear.

7/ Select your language from the list and press Next

8/ At the Installation screen press the Install Now button

9/ The product key window will now open

10/ Type your product key number into the available box and then press OK

11/ The End user Licence Agreement now appears. You 'must' accept this to continue

12/ The next screen to appear is 'Where do you want to install Windows'

13/ At the bottom of this window you will see an option marked Drive options (Advanced), click on this option

14/ In this Window select the partition you wish to Extend from the list available and then click the Extend option link

15/ A box will appear beneath the Extend option which you can you can use to type in the size of the extension you want the partition to have. After you have typed in the size click OK to proceed

16/ Your Partition will now be extended by the required amount

"Jim" <jmlvy1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:2127F16F-CA12-4833-94BD-89BC9CD67B6A@microsoft.com...
[...]

Back with original question/ Help my solution did not work. At line 10 after product key was entered I got a message at the bottom of screen saying to use this product key I needed to run within windows Vista that the key was activated on
or to that effect? Started doing and the screens were leading me to re installing and no advanced settings? I am confused and tired. Hope tomorrow night I will see some help ideas?