Can I install on my other PC's?

Aleeks

Can I install on my other PC's?
Hello. I'm thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Premium for our XP
computers. We have 3 computers in our house and I was wondering if i could
use the same Vista on all of them without getting jammed or blocked by
Windows?
All three computers are connected to the internet. Will the other 2
computers get the message that "this Dvd has alredy been usedd to install
Windows on another computer"? Cos if that's the case then it will be very
expensive to buy 3 Windows Vistas...
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?
Hello,

as always for Windows license, it's only valid for one computer each time.
If you have XP, you can buy the cheaper Vista upgrades.

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Aleeks" <Aleeks@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello. I'm thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Premium for our XP
> computers. We have 3 computers in our house and I was wondering if i could
> use the same Vista on all of them without getting jammed or blocked by
> Windows?
> All three computers are connected to the internet. Will the other 2
> computers get the message that "this Dvd has alredy been usedd to install
> Windows on another computer"? Cos if that's the case then it will be very
> expensive to buy 3 Windows Vistas...

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?
Windows Vista requires a separate license for each installation
on a different computer. You'll need to purchase three (3)
licenses for installation on three (3) computers.

Ordering Additional Licenses for Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Aleeks" wrote:

Hello. I'm thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Premium for our XP
computers. We have 3 computers in our house and I was wondering if i could
use the same Vista on all of them without getting jammed or blocked by
Windows?
All three computers are connected to the internet. Will the other 2
computers get the message that "this Dvd has alredy been usedd to install
Windows on another computer"? Cos if that's the case then it will be very
expensive to buy 3 Windows Vistas...
Bruce Chambers

Aleeks wrote:
> Hello. I'm thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Premium for our XP
> computers. We have 3 computers in our house and I was wondering if i could
> use the same Vista on all of them without getting jammed or blocked by
> Windows?
> All three computers are connected to the internet. Will the other 2
> computers get the message that "this Dvd has alredy been usedd to install
> Windows on another computer"? Cos if that's the case then it will be very
> expensive to buy 3 Windows Vistas...

You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each computer on
which you install it.

Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.

If you have Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
additional licenses, at a reduced cost:

Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ydiscount.mspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Ken Blake

"Aleeks" <Aleeks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello. I'm thinking about buying Windows Vista Home Premium for our XP
> computers. We have 3 computers in our house and I was wondering if i could
> use the same Vista on all of them without getting jammed or blocked by
> Windows?
> All three computers are connected to the internet. Will the other 2
> computers get the message that "this Dvd has alredy been usedd to install
> Windows on another computer"? Cos if that's the case then it will be very
> expensive to buy 3 Windows Vistas...

No. The rule is quite clear. It's one copy (or one license) for each
computer.

There's nothing new here. This is exactly the same rule that's been in
effect on every version of Windows starting with Windows 3.1. The only thing
new, starting with XP, is that there's now an enforcement mechanism.
Please reply to the newsgroup

kws

Bruce Chambers;429946 Wrote:
> If you have Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
> additional licenses, at a reduced cost:
>
> Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount

It appears that the family discount offer expired on June 30. Anyone
know if a new similar offering has been announced?

--
kws
Richard G. Harper

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?
No, there is currently none.

"kws" <kws.2vtvj3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Bruce Chambers;429946 Wrote:
>> If you have Vista Ultimate, it's sometimes possible to qualify for
>> additional licenses, at a reduced cost:
>>
>> Windows Vista: Windows Vista Family Discount
>>

> It appears that the family discount offer expired on June 30. Anyone
> know if a new similar offering has been announced?
>

> --
> kws

honda4joannie

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?

not thinking about the activation of the product key downloaded it to
another computer and now it wants me to activate it I have 7 days left
what will happen now that I can not activate it. what will happen to the
computer
with the original on it.
thanks joannie

--
honda4joannie
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?
Joannie

You already posted this same message in another group, using a different
name?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"honda4joannie" <honda4joannie.2vwfvy@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> not thinking about the activation of the product key downloaded it to
> another computer and now it wants me to activate it I have 7 days left
> what will happen now that I can not activate it. what will happen to the
> computer
> with the original on it.
> thanks joannie
>

> --
> honda4joannie

honda4joannie

Re: Can I install on my other PC's?

I'm sorry I thought I had to change my name over here. If you want just
call me joannie. I guess I just wasn't getting the answer I wanted to
hear.
I am new at this so I apologize.

--
honda4joannie