Karaoke Plug-in

Elitekat

Karaoke Plug-in
I get this message when trying to install Karaoke:
the installer was interrupted before Media Center Kapraoke Plug-in could be
installed You need to restart the installer to try again
Rick Rogers

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi,

You should contact the software vendor for assistance with installation
troubles. You might want to try right clicking the setup or msi file and
using 'run as administrator' to see if it helps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get this message when trying to install Karaoke:
> the installer was interrupted before Media Center Kapraoke Plug-in could
> be
> installed You need to restart the installer to try again

Elitekat

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
maybe I wasnt clear enough, the karaoke plug-in is a microsoft product. It is
one of the "extras" offered for vista ultimate users.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should contact the software vendor for assistance with installation
> troubles. You might want to try right clicking the setup or msi file and
> using 'run as administrator' to see if it helps.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get this message when trying to install Karaoke:
> > the installer was interrupted before Media Center Karaoke Plug-in could
> > be
> > installed You need to restart the installer to try again

Rick Rogers

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi,

I am unfamiliar with any Ultimate Extra involving karaoke, do you have a
link?

--

> maybe I wasnt clear enough, the karaoke plug-in is a microsoft product. It
> is
> one of the "extras" offered for vista ultimate users.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You should contact the software vendor for assistance with installation
>> troubles. You might want to try right clicking the setup or msi file and
>> using 'run as administrator' to see if it helps.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I get this message when trying to install Karaoke:
>> > the installer was interrupted before Media Center Karaoke Plug-in could
>> > be
>> > installed You need to restart the installer to try again

Elitekat

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi,
the link is
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers/default.aspx
"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am unfamiliar with any Ultimate Extra involving karaoke, do you have a
> link?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > maybe I wasnt clear enough, the karaoke plug-in is a microsoft product. It
> > is
> > one of the "extras" offered for vista ultimate users.
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You should contact the software vendor for assistance with installation
> >> troubles. You might want to try right clicking the setup or msi file and
> >> using 'run as administrator' to see if it helps.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi Elitekat,

Ok, I see it, but that isn't a Vista Ultimate Extra, it's for XP MCE and
requires a verifying WGA:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...d-3ec46a738c1c

From the download page: "Media Center Karaoke Plug-in is designed for
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition". You might try installing and
running it in compatibility mode, but it doesn't look like it's certified
for use in Vista. Just type "Program Compatibility Wizard" into the search
prompt for the start menu entry to appear, then use the option to locate a
program manually. Browse to the downloaded setup file and select it. Use XP
mode to start installation.

--

> Hi,
> the link is
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers/default.aspx
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am unfamiliar with any Ultimate Extra involving karaoke, do you have a
>> link?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > maybe I wasnt clear enough, the karaoke plug-in is a microsoft product.
>> > It
>> > is
>> > one of the "extras" offered for vista ultimate users.

Elitekat

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi Rick
Thank you very much for your help. compatibility wizard doesn't work on >msi
file type, i did notice that was intended for XP MCE i have the verifying WGA
, i ust didnt know it wasn't compatible with Vista will see if they come up
with a version for Vista.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Elitekat,
>
> Ok, I see it, but that isn't a Vista Ultimate Extra, it's for XP MCE and
> requires a verifying WGA:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...d-3ec46a738c1c
>
> From the download page: "Media Center Karaoke Plug-in is designed for
> Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition". You might try installing and
> running it in compatibility mode, but it doesn't look like it's certified
> for use in Vista. Just type "Program Compatibility Wizard" into the search
> prompt for the start menu entry to appear, then use the option to locate a
> program manually. Browse to the downloaded setup file and select it. Use XP
> mode to start installation.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Elitekat" <Elitekat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > the link is
> > http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/offers/default.aspx
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am unfamiliar with any Ultimate Extra involving karaoke, do you have a
> >> link?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick Rogers

Re: Karaoke Plug-in
Hi,

FWIW, I tried a few different methods of installing that under Vista HP and
was not able to get it to run, so until an updated version is released we'll
just have to wait. I have forwarded this issue on as well.