Vista x64 Business install problem

samwel

Vista x64 Business install problem

Hi, I'm trying to install Windows Vista x64 Business, but when the the
install gets to the completing installation part it gives me a blue
screen and then the computer restarts less than a second later.

The specs on my computer are:

-AMD Althlon 64 x2 Dual-Core 3600+ processor
-Gigabyte GA-K8U motherboard
-4GB of DDR ram
-ATI Radeon x1600
-Soundblaster Audigy LS

I've read that the Vista install doesn't work with 4GB of ram, so I
tried installing with 2gb and then 1gb, both still give the blue screen.

I've removed my sound card and replaced my video card with a different
one and it still gives the blue screen.

I've been working on this for close to 4 hours now and I'm getting a
little frusterated so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a
lot for your time!

-Dan

--
samwel
John Barnes

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem
on the last boot try hitting F8 and select safe mode. go into system
properties, startup and restore and uncheck the automatic restart.

"samwel" <samwel.2vp4p6@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hi, I'm trying to install Windows Vista x64 Business, but when the the
> install gets to the completing installation part it gives me a blue
> screen and then the computer restarts less than a second later.
>
> The specs on my computer are:
>
> -AMD Althlon 64 x2 Dual-Core 3600+ processor
> -Gigabyte GA-K8U motherboard
> -4GB of DDR ram
> -ATI Radeon x1600
> -Soundblaster Audigy LS
>
> I've read that the Vista install doesn't work with 4GB of ram, so I
> tried installing with 2gb and then 1gb, both still give the blue screen.
>
> I've removed my sound card and replaced my video card with a different
> one and it still gives the blue screen.
>
> I've been working on this for close to 4 hours now and I'm getting a
> little frusterated so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a
> lot for your time!
>
> -Dan
>

> --
> samwel

samwel

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem

John, I tried doing what you suggested but when I boot into Safe Mode
the windows UI doesn't start up and a dialogue box appears that says
something like installation cannot continue in safe mode. The only
option in this dialogue box is "OK"

After pressing OK, Windows reboots automatically (I think so that the
installation can continue)

Thanks for your suggestion anyway though!

--
samwel
samwel

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem

Problem is solved. I'm not quite sure what I did, but it installed
without a hitch (using only my 1gb of ram, then installed the rest of
the 4gb later)

The only difference between this successful install and the failed ones
is that I completely wiped my drive using GParted and then I told Vista
to install in the unallocated space.

Thanks for everyone's time and help anyway!

--
samwel
Paul Randall

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem
Thanks for posting your success story. We need more people to do that.

-Paul Randall

"samwel" <samwel.2vt0a2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Problem is solved. I'm not quite sure what I did, but it installed
> without a hitch (using only my 1gb of ram, then installed the rest of
> the 4gb later)
>
> The only difference between this successful install and the failed ones
> is that I completely wiped my drive using GParted and then I told Vista
> to install in the unallocated space.
>
> Thanks for everyone's time and help anyway!
>

> --
> samwel

samwel

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem

Haha, well I guess now I would call it a partial success story! Windows
installed fine, but now it won't load any drivers I've downloaded from
the ATI or Creative website. It says the drivers aren't signed. I've got
the x64 Vista drivers so they should be signed by the manufacturer
right?

--
samwel
John Barnes

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem
I haven't downloaded the Creative drivers in a while, but up to about 3
months ago they weren't signed. Hard to imagine that ATI wouldn't have
their drivers signed, at least now that they are owned by AMD, which has
been pushing 64-bit for years, but I don't know about that as I have nVidia
on both of my 64-bit machines.

"samwel" <samwel.2vtyb3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Haha, well I guess now I would call it a partial success story! Windows
> installed fine, but now it won't load any drivers I've downloaded from
> the ATI or Creative website. It says the drivers aren't signed. I've got
> the x64 Vista drivers so they should be signed by the manufacturer
> right?
>

> --
> samwel

Keith

Re: Vista x64 Business install problem
If you want to get around it you can do the following (security issue, but it
skirts around it):
Run CMD as Administrator
At the prompt type the following(without quotes):

"bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

Then reboot your system