Reformat of Vista Computer

Judy

Reformat of Vista Computer
I am in the process of donating a computer that has Vista on it and would
like to wipe it clean before donating it. What is the best way of going
about doing this before reinstalling Vista? I see many programs on the
internet to wipe hard drives clean, but is there a way I can do it myself
without downloading a special program?

Thanks!
Judy
Ken Blake

Re: Reformat of Vista Computer
"Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am in the process of donating a computer that has Vista on it and would
> like to wipe it clean before donating it. What is the best way of going
> about doing this before reinstalling Vista? I see many programs on the
> internet to wipe hard drives clean, but is there a way I can do it myself
> without downloading a special program?

It depends on how paranoid you want to be. For most people simply
reinstalling Vista cleanly is good enough. It's highly unlikely that the
recipient of your computer will go to the trouble of even trying to find
your old files, let alone succeed at it.

If you want to be more thorough, you need one of the third-party programs.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Judy

Re: Reformat of Vista Computer
Thank you, Ken. I reinstalled in clean. That should be enough!

> Thank you, Ken. I reinstalled in clean. That should be enough!

You're welcome. Glad to help.