Reinstalling vista

Plucker85

Reinstalling vista
When I go to reinstall vist it shows my hard drive and says there is not
enough space on it, but there is no option to format the drive. What do I do?
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Reinstalling vista
Hello,

did you try installing after starting installation on running Vista? Try
booting from DVD and starting installation from there.

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Plucker85" <Plucker85@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When I go to reinstall vist it shows my hard drive and says there is not
> enough space on it, but there is no option to format the drive. What do I
> do?

Ken Blake

Re: Reinstalling vista
"Plucker85" <Plucker85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I go to reinstall vist it shows my hard drive and says there is not
> enough space on it, but there is no option to format the drive. What do I
> do?

You're doing the installation wrong. Don't do it from within Windows. Boot
from the Vista DVD (change the BIOS boot order if necessary) and follow the
prompts for a clean installation, which formats the drive.

Please reply to the newsgroup

John Barnes

Re: Reinstalling vista
What version are you using? Retail or OEM, Full or Upgrade?

"Plucker85" <Plucker85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go to reinstall vist it shows my hard drive and says there is not
> enough space on it, but there is no option to format the drive. What do I
> do?

Plucker85

Re: Reinstalling vista
It was an upgrade from XP to home premium, and when I try to boot from cd/dvd
drive it just goes to a blank screen.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> What version are you using? Retail or OEM, Full or Upgrade?
>

> "Plucker85" <Plucker85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I go to reinstall vist it shows my hard drive and says there is not
> > enough space on it, but there is no option to format the drive. What do I
> > do?

John Barnes

Re: Reinstalling vista
Upgrade versions have to be started from within the qualifying OS, in your
case XP. Can you install a skeleton version of XP and install from there.
If not, you can use the double install of Vista mentioned on this site many
times.