Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.

Adrian Hjelmlslund

Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.
Hi Group,
Bought Vista Ultimate and installed it --> worked fine, though a bit slow
because of prehistoric pc )

Solution was of course to get a new motherboard, but now the windows wont
activate again. Seems it's somehow 'locked' to the old motherboard if I
guess correct.

Have searched microsofts site, but couldn't find that problem described.
How the hell do I deal with this!!??

Cheers
Adrian Hjelmslund

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.
Hello,

you'll have to activate by telephone. You'll be guided through the steps and
it is very easy.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Adrian Hjelmlslund" <adrian at hjelmslund dot dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Group,
> Bought Vista Ultimate and installed it --> worked fine, though a bit slow
> because of prehistoric pc )
>
> Solution was of course to get a new motherboard, but now the windows wont
> activate again. Seems it's somehow 'locked' to the old motherboard if I
> guess correct.
>
> Have searched microsofts site, but couldn't find that problem described.
> How the hell do I deal with this!!??
>
> Cheers
> Adrian Hjelmslund

John Barnett MVP

Re: Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.
Because you have activated and then, presumably a few days later, installed
a new motherboard, Vista assumes you are trying to install it onto another
computer. It may even give you a 'product code already in use' error
message. Try activating again, but this time, use the telephone option. For
further details see this link on my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Adrian Hjelmlslund" <adrian at hjelmslund dot dk> wrote in message
> Hi Group,
> Bought Vista Ultimate and installed it --> worked fine, though a bit slow
> because of prehistoric pc )
>
> Solution was of course to get a new motherboard, but now the windows wont
> activate again. Seems it's somehow 'locked' to the old motherboard if I
> guess correct.
>
> Have searched microsofts site, but couldn't find that problem described.
> How the hell do I deal with this!!??
>
> Cheers
> Adrian Hjelmslund

Adrian Hjelmlslund

Re: Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.
Thanks to both ogf you for the tip.

This : http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm was a
very emotional describtion, but it reflected well my deepest feelings :-/

Cheers
Adrian

John Barnett MVP

Re: Activation fails after having installed new motherboard.
You're welcome, Adrian.

--

newsA058890-754A-48C8-A2DC-DEB5A91B8CDD@microsoft.com...