windows anytime upgrade

Keenan

windows anytime upgrade
I got a laptop from Future Shop and at the same time I bought a CD Key to
upgrade Home Premium to Ultimate. I was told to install home premium first
and then upgrade to Ultimate. In the Windows anytime upgrade, to wants me to
buy this again. what am I doing wrong. Since I already have the upgrade to
Ultimate key, how do I use it in the upgrade wizard.

thanks,
Keenan
Mark

RE: windows anytime upgrade
Make sure you activate the first product (Home Premium) before upgrading to
Ultimate. (Otherwise it will continually fail to upgrade.)

Download the license key to your computer, double-click it. When prompted,
insert the DVD and select Install Now.

"Keenan" wrote:

> I got a laptop from Future Shop and at the same time I bought a CD Key to
> upgrade Home Premium to Ultimate. I was told to install home premium first
> and then upgrade to Ultimate. In the Windows anytime upgrade, to wants me to
> buy this again. what am I doing wrong. Since I already have the upgrade to
> Ultimate key, how do I use it in the upgrade wizard.
>
> thanks,
> Keenan

Keenan

RE: windows anytime upgrade
Thanks Mark however, there is no way I can download the license key to my
computer as it is on a piece of paper in the Service Desk Upgrade case. No
software was included when I bought this, so there is no double clicking on
anything to start the installation process. When I insert the Windows
Anytime Upgrade, it asks me to install the software again, similar to
installing the Home Premium, as I already did. Using the Windows Anytime
Upgrade still seems to want me to buy a CD key that I already bought without
the option to proceed with the upgrade to Ulitmate using the Key I already
purchased at the local Future Shop.

Any other ideas that may help?

Thanks,
Keenan

"Mark" wrote:

> Make sure you activate the first product (Home Premium) before upgrading to
> Ultimate. (Otherwise it will continually fail to upgrade.)
>
> Download the license key to your computer, double-click it. When prompted,
> insert the DVD and select Install Now.
>
> "Keenan" wrote:
>
> > I got a laptop from Future Shop and at the same time I bought a CD Key to
> > upgrade Home Premium to Ultimate. I was told to install home premium first
> > and then upgrade to Ultimate. In the Windows anytime upgrade, to wants me to
> > buy this again. what am I doing wrong. Since I already have the upgrade to
> > Ultimate key, how do I use it in the upgrade wizard.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Keenan

Mark Honzell

Re: windows anytime upgrade
Your post states "Windows Anytime Upgrade". (WAU)
WAU is an upgrade purchased online from the Windows Marketplace.
Basically, you are buying an upgrade license to a higher version of Vista.
Once purchased, your "license key" is maintained online in the Digital
Locker where you can download it at anytime for a re-install. It is an
executable that will install the correct version as an upgrade using your
existing disk.

You sound as if you are trying to simply perform an upgrade with a new
product key and a disk. While running Vista Home Premium, insert the DVD and
when prompted select Install Now. Use the upgrade option, not the custom
install. You will have to select Ultimate as the new OS and enter the new
product key that applies. From there, its an install.

If this path is not working, please clarify.