No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL

adamfez

No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL
HELP ME please! I am so so bad with this

I had to reinstall vista premium myself due to a update mess up. I am in
china and no vista help as they not have it, So I managed to install it again
and have found there is no media centre now, I am not very good with all this
and any help would be great as i am stuck in china for another six months, So
PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great for me

Regards Adam
Malke

Re: No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL
adamfez wrote:
> HELP ME please! I am so so bad with this
>
> I had to reinstall vista premium myself due to a update mess up. I am in
> china and no vista help as they not have it, So I managed to install it again
> and have found there is no media centre now, I am not very good with all this
> and any help would be great as i am stuck in china for another six months, So
> PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great for me
>
> Regards Adam

Hi, Adam - After you installed the operating system, did you then
install all the drivers and specialized software for your machine? If
you didn't, then you need to do so. Since you didn't mention anything
about your computer I can't give you specific advice, but here is
general information about drivers below. If you have a laptop, you also
want to check for non-driver software such as for power management,
media center, etc.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. The older Aida32 is good for this, too although it might not
work on Vista.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.aumha.org/free.htm - Aida32 (hosted on Jim Eshelman's site)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
adamfez

Re: No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL

ok!
so i have looked into my system and done belarc upload and have also
godtall my driver etc for my acer

This is all software below that I have on my acer 5103 WLMI Notebook

Went to the acer home page and tried to find out if I could get the driver
for Media Centre, But I am either very stupid (Likely) or I have messed it up
somehow

Any more help of you would be bloody marvelous Malke

Regards Adam

Acer Aspire 5100 V2.70
Windows Vista Home Premium (build 6000)
Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for location) [Back
to Top]
Acer eAP Launch Tool Version 1.0.3.0 *
Acer eLock Management Version 2.6.3005.0 *
Acer Empowering Techonology Framework Launcher Version 2.5.3004.0 *
Acer eNet Management Version 2, 6, 3, 2 *
Acer ePower Management Version 2, 5, 3006, 0 *
Acer ePower Management Version 2, 5, 3007, 0 *
AcerOrbiCamUVC Version 3, 0, 0, 8 *
Adobe Acrobat Version 8.0.0.0 *
Adobe Reader Version 8.1.0.2007051100 *
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - Catalyst Control Centre Version 2.0.0.0 *
Alexander Roshal - WinRAR archiver Version 3.70.0.0 *
AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1, 1, 1, 0 *
Apple Inc. - iTunes Version 7.3.2.6 *
Apple Inc. - QuickTime QuickTime 7.2 *
Apple Mobile Device Service Version 1, 12, 0, 0 *
Apple Software Update Version 2.0.0.21 *
ATI External Event Utility for Windows Version 6.14.10.4173 *
ATI Technologies Inc. - Catalyst Control Centre Version 2.0.0.0 *
Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.2t *
Conexant Systems, Inc. - SoftK56 Modem Driver Version 1.00.00 *
DivX Web Player Installer, L:EN, DivX Web Player 1.3.1, BVFA Version
1.0.0.303 *
dotdivxapp.exe *
Dritek System Inc. - Acer Launch Manager Version 1, 0, 0, 1118 *
Dritek System Inc. Uninstall Application Version 1, 4, 0, 930 *
eSettings.QuickLauncher Version 1.0.0.0 *
Google Updater Version 2.2.940.34809.beta *
GoogleToolbarNotifier Version 2, 0, 301, 1654 *
HiTRSUT - eDataSecurity Management Version 2, 7, 0, 2 *
HiTRUST - Decryptioni Application Version 2, 5, 3024, 12 *
HiTRUST - eDataSecurity Version 2, 5, 3028, 168 *
HiTRUST co - eDataSecurity simple one step processor. Version 2, 5, 3024, 32 *
LimeWire Version 1, 0, 0, 2 *
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7.0.6000 *
Microsoft Application Error Reporting Version 10.0.2609 * Microsoft Clip
Organizer Version 10.0.6308 *
Microsoft Corp. - Photo Story 3 for Windows Version 3.0.1115.0 *
Microsoft Corporation - digital locker assistant Version 1.6.5 *
Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 7.00.6000.16386 *
Microsoft Corporation - Messenger Version 8.1.0178 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Defender Version 1.1.1505.0 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version 4.0.6000.16386 *
Microsoft Corporation - Windows Version 1.0.0.1 *
Microsoft Office XP Version 10.0.6834 *
Microsoft Outlook Version 10.0.6822 *
Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727.312 *
Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 3.0.4506.25 *
Mozilla Corporation - Firefox Version 2.0.0.6 *
PPLive NetTV *
RealNetworks, Inc. - RealPlayer (32-bit) Version 0.1.0.4043 *
RealNetworks, Inc. - RealPlayer (32-bit) Version 6.0.12.1662 *
RealNetworks, Inc. - RealPlayer (32-bit) Version 7.0.0.3384 *
Service Version 1.0.0.0 *
Skype Version 3.2 *
Sports Interactive - FM 2007 Data Editor Version 7.0.2f94636 *
Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2007 Version 7.0.2f94768 *
StartCCC *
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U2 Version 6.0.20.6 *
Symantec Application Core Version 1.2 *
Symantec Core Component Version 1.9.1.1088 *
Symantec Corporation - Firewall Component Version 1.2 *
Symantec Corporation - LiveUpdate Version 3.2.0.43 *
Symantec Corporation - Norton AntiVirus Version 14.4.0 *
Symantec Corporation - Norton Protection Center Version 2007.4.00 *
Symantec Security Technologies Version 106.3.2.6 *
Symantec Shared Component Version 10.4 *
Symantec Shared Components Version 3.1 *
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Version 9.2.5 10May07 *
www.sopcast.com - SopCast Version 1.1.2.0 *

"Malke" wrote:

> adamfez wrote:
> > HELP ME please! I am so so bad with this
> >
> > I had to reinstall vista premium myself due to a update mess up. I am in
> > china and no vista help as they not have it, So I managed to install it again
> > and have found there is no media centre now, I am not very good with all this
> > and any help would be great as i am stuck in china for another six months, So
> > PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great for me
> >
> > Regards Adam

> Hi, Adam - After you installed the operating system, did you then
> install all the drivers and specialized software for your machine? If
> you didn't, then you need to do so. Since you didn't mention anything
> about your computer I can't give you specific advice, but here is
> general information about drivers below. If you have a laptop, you also
> want to check for non-driver software such as for power management,
> media center, etc.
>
> Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:
>
> 1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
> 2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
> 3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
> computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
>
> Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
>
> To find out what hardware is in your computer:
>
> 1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
> 2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
> model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
> anyway)
> 3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
> Advisor. The older Aida32 is good for this, too although it might not
> work on Vista.
>
> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
> http://www.aumha.org/free.htm - Aida32 (hosted on Jim Eshelman's site)
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

John Barnes

Re: No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL
Does system information still show Home Premium is installed?

"adamfez" <adamfez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP ME please! I am so so bad with this
>
> I had to reinstall vista premium myself due to a update mess up. I am in
> china and no vista help as they not have it, So I managed to install it
> again
> and have found there is no media centre now, I am not very good with all
> this
> and any help would be great as i am stuck in china for another six months,
> So
> PLEASE PLEASE any help would be great for me
>
> Regards Adam

adamfez

Re: No MEDIA CENTERE with VISTA REINSTALL
Yes it still says windows premium as shown below

Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium (build 6000)
System Model Acer Aspire 5100 V2.70

Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1.60 gigahertz AMD Turion 64 X2
1024 kilobyte primary memory cache Board: Acer Navarro
Serial Number: LXAX90X115652192DB1601
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Acer V2.70 12/07/2006
Drives Memory Modules c,d
111.65 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
86.08 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Hitachi HTS541612J9SA00 [Hard drive] (120.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n
SB2D04E4GWRA2E, rev SBDOC70P, SMART Status: Healthy 1918 Megabytes
Installed Memory

Slot 'S1' has 1024 MB
Slot 'S2' has 1024 MB
Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 55.99 GB 30.51 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 55.66 GB 55.56 GB free