Virtual PC 2007

Haroldo1

Virtual PC 2007
I had no trouble downloading Virtual PC 2007, But when I tried to use it ,
there were no instructions on the website. I have Windows Vista Ultimate and
I am having problems playing games that were playing on Windows XP2. These
problems relate to installation refusals, crashes etc. I have used both the
manufacturerswebsites,spoke on the phone to representatives with no solution.
Someone suggested that I use Virtual PC 2007 and use Windows XP. I need step
by step instructions on how to do this. Do I have to install Windows XP on my
computer first? My only copy came with a computer whose hard drive crashed. I
don't know if Microsoft will accept the CD copy that came from the computer's
manufacturer.Does anyone the "How To:" on this problem?
Dave

Re: Virtual PC 2007
There is a newsgroup specific to VPC
microsoft.public.virtualpc
The folks over there can help you out.

Essentially, you install VPC, start it, create a new virtual machine
(telling it how much memory & disk space to use), and install XP into it,
just like you would onto your real computer (activation and all).

"Haroldo1" <Haroldo1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had no trouble downloading Virtual PC 2007, But when I tried to use it ,
> there were no instructions on the website. I have Windows Vista Ultimate
> and
> I am having problems playing games that were playing on Windows XP2. These
> problems relate to installation refusals, crashes etc. I have used both
> the
> manufacturerswebsites,spoke on the phone to representatives with no
> solution.
> Someone suggested that I use Virtual PC 2007 and use Windows XP. I need
> step
> by step instructions on how to do this. Do I have to install Windows XP on
> my
> computer first? My only copy came with a computer whose hard drive
> crashed. I
> don't know if Microsoft will accept the CD copy that came from the
> computer's
> manufacturer.Does anyone the "How To:" on this problem?

John Barnes

Re: Virtual PC 2007
It is unlikely you can install XP from the cd copy that came with another
pc. It would be a violation of the EULA anyway.

"Haroldo1" <Haroldo1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had no trouble downloading Virtual PC 2007, But when I tried to use it ,
> there were no instructions on the website. I have Windows Vista Ultimate
> and
> I am having problems playing games that were playing on Windows XP2. These
> problems relate to installation refusals, crashes etc. I have used both
> the
> manufacturerswebsites,spoke on the phone to representatives with no
> solution.
> Someone suggested that I use Virtual PC 2007 and use Windows XP. I need
> step
> by step instructions on how to do this. Do I have to install Windows XP on
> my
> computer first? My only copy came with a computer whose hard drive
> crashed. I
> don't know if Microsoft will accept the CD copy that came from the
> computer's
> manufacturer.Does anyone the "How To:" on this problem?

Brett I. Holcomb

Re: Virtual PC 2007
What is your purpose in using VPC? What did they suggest you use VPC and
XP for?

Yes, you need a Windows product installed and then you can install VPC.

Note that most emulators like VPC generally support generic hardware or
model a specific type and model of hardware so they may not work for
some games.