Installation loss of power

ckawa

Installation loss of power
When installing Vista, during the final phase, my laptop battery died and
the installation couldn't finish. I have rebooted several times and get the
same message to restart to finish installation, but it won't. I have tried
rollback and other options, but nothing. How can I restart the installation,
or at least be able to get to the desktop so I can do something?
Mick Murphy

RE: Installation loss of power
Why don't you set the Bios to boot from CD/DVD again with the disk in the
Drive, and start again.

"ckawa" wrote:

> When installing Vista, during the final phase, my laptop battery died and
> the installation couldn't finish. I have rebooted several times and get the
> same message to restart to finish installation, but it won't. I have tried
> rollback and other options, but nothing. How can I restart the installation,
> or at least be able to get to the desktop so I can do something?

John Barnes

Re: Installation loss of power
If you are doing an upgrade, you should reinstall your XP system and start
over. You should have a restore disk or partition or an XP install cd. If
this is a full install disk, take Mick's advice.

"ckawa" <ckawa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When installing Vista, during the final phase, my laptop battery died and
> the installation couldn't finish. I have rebooted several times and get
> the
> same message to restart to finish installation, but it won't. I have
> tried
> rollback and other options, but nothing. How can I restart the
> installation,
> or at least be able to get to the desktop so I can do something?

ckawa

Re: Installation loss of power
Thanks, I ran the recovery disk and reloaded Vista!

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you are doing an upgrade, you should reinstall your XP system and start
> over. You should have a restore disk or partition or an XP install cd. If
> this is a full install disk, take Mick's advice.
>
> "ckawa" <ckawa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When installing Vista, during the final phase, my laptop battery died and
> > the installation couldn't finish. I have rebooted several times and get
> > the
> > same message to restart to finish installation, but it won't. I have
> > tried
> > rollback and other options, but nothing. How can I restart the
> > installation,
> > or at least be able to get to the desktop so I can do something?

Mick Murphy

Re: Installation loss of power
Glad things worked out for you.