Change Language OS to Spanish

sailor

Change Language OS to Spanish
Im living in the USA and I wanted to buy a laptop with Spanish OS for my
mother who lives in Spain... I have been told by a microsoft person that
Ultimate and Business you can change the language settings back and forth,
but that with Home Premium you get to chose it only once. Even for
pre-installed options.

I have been told so twice, but I am reading through your posts and it is not
clear. I am not decided yet. Any advice?

DO you know anything else about this??

Thank you!
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Change Language OS to Spanish
Call HP or Dell and tell them you wish to order
a PC with the Spanish version of Windows Vista
Home Premium installed. I'm sure they can
accommodate your request.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"sailor" wrote:

I'm living in the USA and I wanted to buy a laptop with Spanish OS for my
mother who lives in Spain... I have been told by a microsoft person that
Ultimate and Business you can change the language settings back and forth,
but that with Home Premium you get to chose it only once. Even for
pre-installed options.

I have been told so twice, but I am reading through your posts and it is not
clear. I am not decided yet. Any advice?

DO you know anything else about this??

Thank you!
huertaj2

RE: Change Language OS to Spanish
Hello. I bought already a Toshiba laptop with windows home premium in
english. The only way to having windows vista in spanish is buying and
instaling windows vista in spanish? I will appreciate your help!!!

"sailor" wrote:

> Im living in the USA and I wanted to buy a laptop with Spanish OS for my
> mother who lives in Spain... I have been told by a microsoft person that
> Ultimate and Business you can change the language settings back and forth,
> but that with Home Premium you get to chose it only once. Even for
> pre-installed options.
>
> I have been told so twice, but I am reading through your posts and it is not
> clear. I am not decided yet. Any advice?
>
> DO you know anything else about this??
>
> Thank you!

Curtis D. Levin

"huertaj2" <huertaj2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I bought already a Toshiba laptop with windows home premium in
> english. The only way to having windows vista in spanish is buying and
> instaling windows vista in spanish? I will appreciate your help!!!

Go to help and support, and type in language. it will lead you to the
language support area. You can change some settinsg there. It won't
all be in espanol, but it's probably a start.

Curtis

Richard G. Harper

Re: Change Language OS to Spanish
Yes, that's correct. The version of Vista you have does not allow changing
languages.