Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection

vista neophyte

Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection
I am having difficulties discovering how to create a desktop shortcut for my
dial-up (yes dial-up) internet connection on Vista Home Basic.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

It's really annoying having to open the connection dialog box each time in
order to get connected to the interneT
--
vista neophyte
Dave

Re: Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection
I don't use dial-up anymore...but

I think you can open Control Panel - Network & Sharing Center
click on "Manage Network Connections" (on the left)
In the Network Connections window, drag the dial-up connection to the
desktop

"vista neophyte" <vistaneophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having difficulties discovering how to create a desktop shortcut for
>my
> dial-up (yes dial-up) internet connection on Vista Home Basic.
>
> Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?
>
> It's really annoying having to open the connection dialog box each time in
> order to get connected to the interneT
> --
> vista neophyte

John Barnes

Re: Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection
You could set you connection options to 'dial whenever a network connection
is not present'

"vista neophyte" <vistaneophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having difficulties discovering how to create a desktop shortcut for
>my
> dial-up (yes dial-up) internet connection on Vista Home Basic.
>
> Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?
>
> It's really annoying having to open the connection dialog box each time in
> order to get connected to the interneT
> --
> vista neophyte

mockme2

Re: Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection
Thank you Dave!!! EXCELLENT! EASY!! QUICK FIX!!! From one of the poor
deprived people who live in the woods and still use dial up!!! I've been
trying to create a shortcut for months!! That did the trick.. YAY!!....
now... if only my Network glitch would work out so simply!!
margie-in-tx

"Dave" wrote:

> I don't use dial-up anymore...but
>
> I think you can open Control Panel - Network & Sharing Center
> click on "Manage Network Connections" (on the left)
> In the Network Connections window, drag the dial-up connection to the
> desktop
>

> "vista neophyte" <vistaneophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having difficulties discovering how to create a desktop shortcut for
> >my
> > dial-up (yes dial-up) internet connection on Vista Home Basic.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?
> >
> > It's really annoying having to open the connection dialog box each time in
> > order to get connected to the interneT
> > --
> > vista neophyte

John Barnes

Re: Problems creating shortcut to dial-up ISP connection
Thanks.