product key expired

Kristine

product key expired
my friend has just purchased a new toshiba notebook. Unfortunately she did
not know she had to register the vista operating system and ignored the
requests to type in the product key. after i told her to look at the bottom
of her computer for the product key information and type it in, the message
came up that the product key had expired. how do we fix this?
--
Kris
Bruce Chambers

Re: product key expired
Kristine wrote:
> my friend has just purchased a new toshiba notebook. Unfortunately she did
> not know she had to register the vista operating system and ignored the
> requests to type in the product key. after i told her to look at the bottom
> of her computer for the product key information and type it in, the message
> came up that the product key had expired. how do we fix this?

The Product Key does not expire. Reboot the computer in Safe Mode,
enter the Product Key, and then activate it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

John Barnes

Re: product key expired
You may have to reinstall Vista, as with no product key you can install any
version of Vista and if a different version than the one the product key is
for was selected or installed, you can't change it.

"Kristine" <Kristine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my friend has just purchased a new toshiba notebook. Unfortunately she did
> not know she had to register the vista operating system and ignored the
> requests to type in the product key. after i told her to look at the
> bottom
> of her computer for the product key information and type it in, the
> message
> came up that the product key had expired. how do we fix this?
> --
> Kris

brink

Re: product key expired

Kristine;422944 Wrote:
> my friend has just purchased a new toshiba notebook. Unfortunately she
> did
> not know she had to register the vista operating system and ignored the
> requests to type in the product key. after i told her to look at the
> bottom
> of her computer for the product key information and type it in, the
> message
> came up that the product key had expired. how do we fix this?
> --
> Kris

Hi Kris,

Your friend is probably in reduced functionality mode. This will show
you how to get it going again and extend the trial time for up to 120
days so your friend can then activate Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66990-activation.html

Shawn

--
brink