Vista key not working but is genuine

Boogaloo

Vista key not working but is genuine
Hi,

I bought 2 copies of vista, one for my laptop and one for my desktop. I've
just received notification that I need to activate Windows, so I enter the
first product key. It says it's already in use. I enter the second product
key - again, says that it's in use.... Really puzzled! I noticed something on
the support pages about significant changes to the system appearing to cause
invalidation, but the only thing I've done to this PC is replace the sounds
card and video card. Any suggestions? It cost me a fortune to fork out for
two Vista copies, and I can't even seem to get free support from Microsoft to
sort this out. Any help appreciated!
Dave

Re: Vista key not working but is genuine
Select the telephone activation option.
Talk to the machine, and you'll probably get a bunch of numbers to enter.
If that doesn't work, stay on the line until a live person comes on, and
explain your situation.

"Boogaloo" <Boogaloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I bought 2 copies of vista, one for my laptop and one for my desktop. I've
> just received notification that I need to activate Windows, so I enter the
> first product key. It says it's already in use. I enter the second product
> key - again, says that it's in use.... Really puzzled! I noticed something
> on
> the support pages about significant changes to the system appearing to
> cause
> invalidation, but the only thing I've done to this PC is replace the
> sounds
> card and video card. Any suggestions? It cost me a fortune to fork out for
> two Vista copies, and I can't even seem to get free support from Microsoft
> sort this out. Any help appreciated!

Paul Randall

Re: Vista key not working but is genuine
Your 2 copies of Vista probably each came with a sticker with the product
key for the license. Figure out a way to always know which key goes with
which machine. You might try applying the stickers to the computer cases to
avoid confusion. If you accidently reactivate with the wrong license, the
other machine's license is revoked and you will soon have to reactivate it.

-Paul Randall

"Boogaloo" <Boogaloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I bought 2 copies of vista, one for my laptop and one for my desktop. I've
> just received notification that I need to activate Windows, so I enter the
> first product key. It says it's already in use. I enter the second product
> key - again, says that it's in use.... Really puzzled! I noticed something
> on
> the support pages about significant changes to the system appearing to
> cause
> invalidation, but the only thing I've done to this PC is replace the
> sounds
> card and video card. Any suggestions? It cost me a fortune to fork out for
> two Vista copies, and I can't even seem to get free support from Microsoft
> sort this out. Any help appreciated!

Boogaloo

Re: Vista key not working but is genuine
Phenomenal, guys, thanks. This totally worked - really appreciate your help.
johnnn

RE: Vista key not working but is genuine
My address to all MVPs and Microsoft® developers’ network formally known as
MSDN, I am a proficient Microsoft® Windows® user. I am able to do any job
task in Microsoft® Windows® software, as the current issue is concern it is
the issue of my expertise. I wanna to tell everyone of you all that I have
the expertise to make copy of any Microsoft® software like Windows® and
Office® as legal and Genuine Validate because I have that technology
developed by Microsoft® corporation, I am a half software developer. I am
able to activate and Genuine Validate any copy of MS Windows® like Windows®
XP™, Windows® Vista™, and Office. I know The technological measures used in
Genuine Windows® Activation and Genuine Validation like Windows Product
Activation WPA, Microsoft Product Activation MPA mechanism and how its work.
It is the technology that I used has developed by Microsoft itself I can’t
make that technology but implement that technology, So now I am able to
completely and successfully do that with out any problem or condition (MPA,
WPA, WGA)
--
i wanna give you best possible solution of your Windows troubleshootings /
operating system problems, Dear, my E-Mail address is johncityny@hotmail.com,