Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista

Kathleen

Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista
I have been using SMA 2006 for almost a year now and just purchased a new
laptop that Dell talked me into getting preloaded with Vista Business - I
informed the dell rep what software I was using but the steered to Vista &
away from XP - needless to say I now cannot load my accounting software onto
my new laptop - it says it need Business Contract 2003 that is no longer a
part of vista outlook

any suggestions??
--
KMAS Consulting
Malke

Re: Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista
Kathleen wrote:
> I have been using SMA 2006 for almost a year now and just purchased a new
> laptop that Dell talked me into getting preloaded with Vista Business - I
> informed the dell rep what software I was using but the steered to Vista &
> away from XP - needless to say I now cannot load my accounting software onto
> my new laptop - it says it need Business Contract 2003 that is no longer a
> part of vista outlook
>
> any suggestions??

Vista doesn't come with Outlook. Microsoft Office comes with Outlook.
The Outlook Business Contacts Manager can be added to both Office 2003
and Office 2007. I'm sure you can find some information about purchasing
this module here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/default.aspx

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Kathleen

Re: Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista
I also purchases Office 2007 which then would have contact manager - but when
I try to install SMA 2006 - it qants business contact 2003 not 2007
--
KMAS Consulting

"Malke" wrote:

> Kathleen wrote:
> > I have been using SMA 2006 for almost a year now and just purchased a new
> > laptop that Dell talked me into getting preloaded with Vista Business - I
> > informed the dell rep what software I was using but the steered to Vista &
> > away from XP - needless to say I now cannot load my accounting software onto
> > my new laptop - it says it need Business Contract 2003 that is no longer a
> > part of vista outlook
> >
> > any suggestions??

> Vista doesn't come with Outlook. Microsoft Office comes with Outlook.
> The Outlook Business Contacts Manager can be added to both Office 2003
> and Office 2007. I'm sure you can find some information about purchasing
> this module here:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/default.aspx
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Kathleen

Re: Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista
I have imported my business contact file from 2003 to 2007, burt I still
cannot install the actual SMA 2006 file - the first thing it wants to do is
upgrade business contacts 2003 -which I no longer have -

--
KMAS Consulting

Kathleen wrote:
> I have imported my business contact file from 2003 to 2007, burt I still
> cannot install the actual SMA 2006 file - the first thing it wants to do is
> upgrade business contacts 2003 -which I no longer have -

This is not a Vista issue. This is an Office issue. You can look for
product support here:

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/8771

or post in one of the MS newsgroups for Office where you will find
Office experts.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
David B.

Re: Small Business Acounting 2006 & Vista
IIRC SBA 2006 is NOT Vista compatible.

--

----