Recent used programs

Steve

Recent used programs
Hi, looked around and have seen references and questions all over the place
but no answer. I cannot start most of my programs using the Vista Recently
used programs menu i.e. that displayed on left clicking the Start Menu. It's
driving me mad having to go through the complete menu structure to get to
the programs. I know I can put them on the quick start menu but don't want
all of my programs on there...

Regards...

Steve.

JW

Re: Recent used programs
Right click empty space in your Start Menu select Properties select the
Start Menu Tab make sure that the Store and Maintain list of recently open
files check box is checked.
"Steve" <sonospam@barumba.biz> wrote in message
> Hi, looked around and have seen references and questions all over the
> place but no answer. I cannot start most of my programs using the Vista
> Recently used programs menu i.e. that displayed on left clicking the Start
> Menu. It's driving me mad having to go through the complete menu structure
> to get to the programs. I know I can put them on the quick start menu but
> don't want all of my programs on there...
>
> Regards...
>
> Steve.

Steve

Re: Recent used programs
Yep, already checked and the programs are listed, they just won't run....

"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
> Right click empty space in your Start Menu select Properties select the
> Start Menu Tab make sure that the Store and Maintain list of recently
> open files check box is checked.
> "Steve" <sonospam@barumba.biz> wrote in message
>> Hi, looked around and have seen references and questions all over the
>> place but no answer. I cannot start most of my programs using the Vista
>> Recently used programs menu i.e. that displayed on left clicking the
>> Start Menu. It's driving me mad having to go through the complete menu
>> structure to get to the programs. I know I can put them on the quick
>> start menu but don't want all of my programs on there...
>>
>> Regards...
>>
>> Steve.

dean-dean

Re: Recent used programs
Does this help?

Frequently Used Programs list is reset to defaults during every logon in
Windows Vista
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/163/1/

news7498973-846E-412F-93BE-AB12A0F3B8F1@microsoft.com...