Windows Mail(Vista) reinstall

naso

Windows Mail(Vista) reinstall
I bought a new computer with Vista Basic. After instalation of Outlook 2007
I've got a problem with Windows Mail. There are a lot of problems and I'd
like to know how to reinstall it. I know how to do it with older Windows
versions, but I couldn't find this option in Vista.
Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Mail(Vista) reinstall
Hi,

There is no reinstall option for Windows Mail. What sort of problem(s) are
you encountering? Is there anything in the event viewer?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"naso" <naso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new computer with Vista Basic. After instalation of Outlook 2007
> I've got a problem with Windows Mail. There are a lot of problems and I'd
> like to know how to reinstall it. I know how to do it with older Windows
> versions, but I couldn't find this option in Vista.

brink

naso;420069 Wrote:
> I bought a new computer with Vista Basic. After instalation of Outlook
> 2007
> I've got a problem with Windows Mail. There are a lot of problems and
> I'd
> like to know how to reinstall it. I know how to do it with older
> Windows
> versions, but I couldn't find this option in Vista.

Hi Naso,

Take a look here to see if you find the problem you are having with
Windows Mail. If you can specify what problems you are having, we might
be able to help you with each one.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62...-problems.html

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
tanko

Re: Windows Mail(Vista) reinstall

My windows mail closes every time I try to import Outlook messages. Can
I re-install windows mail or is there another fix? Thanks

--
tanko
tanko's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100637.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chad Harris

"tanko" <tanko.3snqzb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> My windows mail closes every time I try to import Outlook messages. Can
> I re-install windows mail or is there another fix? Thanks
>

> --
> tanko
> tanko's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100637.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/800640.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Try running SFC. If no joy with it, try Startup Repair.

If you need to repair major components of the Vista OS or can't boot, and
don't have a Vista DVD, you can download the .iso from this link and burn
it:

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

1) First try 3 options from Startup Repair. If you have a Vista DVD then
restart with it in the drive>press any key to boot from it and run Startup
Repair. From Startup Repair you have 3 good tools with an excellent chance
of fixing your system. If you don't have a Vista DVD from which to boot to
Startup Repair, no problem, Download the .iso from the link below and
burn it, and you'll have the Microsoft Vista Repair Disk with Startup
Repair.

Download Vista Repair Disk
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

How to Use Startup Repair from the Vista DVD or the Repair Disk you make:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial142.html

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f3f351033.mspx

2) If Startup Repair does not get your Vista back, then use the 3 bootrec
commands from the command prompt available on the Statup Repair Menu:

The menu I refer to is in this set of directions with a grey background.

http://vistahomepremium.windowsreins...airstartup.htm

Those are:

bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot