Repair or reinstall Vista Ultimate?

Lunarik

Repair or reinstall Vista Ultimate?
What I need to know is what is the best route for what I am trying to
accomplish.

Product: Vista Ultimate
It is running on partition 1 with programs installed on the partition 2.

Objective: I want to basically reset Vista to its original form without any
installed programs or drivers.

Would it be best to repair using the Vista dvd or should I just do a fresh
install? I would naturally do a fresh install, however I have already called
in for one replacement key. I had to do this since I reformatted my old hard
drive and reinstalled Vista on a new one. Would it cause any problems to get
a third key without having to pay a fee or anything?(I would be reformatting
the current install of Vista.)

If any additional information is needed I will gladly supply it.
Thank you for your time.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Repair or reinstall Vista Ultimate?
A repair install will remove nothing, so it won't meet your goal of starting
over fresh. You need to do a clean install. And no, you should not have
any problems re-activating your copy of Vista after the reinstall - just use
the telephone activation process and all should be well.

"Lunarik" <Lunarik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What I need to know is what is the best route for what I am trying to
> accomplish.
>
> Product: Vista Ultimate
> It is running on partition 1 with programs installed on the partition 2.
>
> Objective: I want to basically reset Vista to its original form without
> any
> installed programs or drivers.
>
> Would it be best to repair using the Vista dvd or should I just do a fresh
> install? I would naturally do a fresh install, however I have already
> called
> in for one replacement key. I had to do this since I reformatted my old
> hard
> drive and reinstalled Vista on a new one. Would it cause any problems to
> get
> a third key without having to pay a fee or anything?(I would be
> reformatting
> the current install of Vista.)
>
> If any additional information is needed I will gladly supply it.
> Thank you for your time.

Rick Rogers

Re: Repair or reinstall Vista Ultimate?
Hi,

A fresh install on C: will give you the result you desire. You can reinstall
Vista with the same Product Key as many times as you please without paying
for a new activation. It's just that you need to phone them in as opposed to
the automatic activation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/