The error code is 2738

Dreyday8

The error code is 2738
I am trying to install itunes with quicktime and I keep getting this error.
The installer has encontered and unexpected error installing the package.
The error code is 2738.

why do i fix this.
Dave

Re: The error code is 2738
re-enable the VBScript engine

"Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install itunes with quicktime and I keep getting this error.
> The installer has encontered and unexpected error installing the package.
> The error code is 2738.
>
> why do i fix this.

Dreyday8

Re: The error code is 2738
Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call
to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

"Dave" wrote:

> re-enable the VBScript engine

> "Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install itunes with quicktime and I keep getting this error.
> > The installer has encontered and unexpected error installing the package.
> > The error code is 2738.
> >
> > why do i fix this.

Dave

Re: The error code is 2738
Did you run it as Administrator?

Start - All Programs - Accessories
right-click on Command Prompt
select "Run as Administrator"
UAC-continue
in the command window...
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

> Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the
> call
> to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"
>

> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> re-enable the VBScript engine
>>
>> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405
>>

>> "Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to install itunes with quicktime and I keep getting this
>> >error.
>> > The installer has encontered and unexpected error installing the
>> > package.
>> > The error code is 2738.
>> >
>> > why do i fix this.

Julie

Re: The error code is 2738
Hi there. I had the same problem and by following your expert advice the
problem is now resolved. Had I come to this forum in the first place I would
have saved myself a lot of time and frustration. Thanks ever so much again.

Julie

"Dave" wrote:

> Did you run it as Administrator?
>
> Start - All Programs - Accessories
> right-click on Command Prompt
> select "Run as Administrator"
> UAC-continue
> in the command window...
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>

> "Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the
> > call
> > to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"
> >

> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> re-enable the VBScript engine
> >>
> >> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405

Dave

Re: The error code is 2738
You are welcome.
I've had to do this a couple of times...

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there. I had the same problem and by following your expert advice the
> problem is now resolved. Had I come to this forum in the first place I
> would
> have saved myself a lot of time and frustration. Thanks ever so much
> again.
>
> Julie
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> Did you run it as Administrator?
>>
>> Start - All Programs - Accessories
>> right-click on Command Prompt
>> select "Run as Administrator"
>> UAC-continue
>> in the command window...
>> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>>

>> "Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the
>> > call
>> > to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

cheefulton

Re: The error code is 2738

"Dreyday8" wrote:

> Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call
> to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"
>

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > re-enable the VBScript engine
> >
> > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405
> >

> > "Dreyday8" <Dreyday8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to install itunes with quicktime and I keep getting this error.
> > > The installer has encontered and unexpected error installing the package.
> > > The error code is 2738.
> > >
> > > why do i fix this.

Dave

Re: The error code is 2738
you have to "Run as Administrator" (Step 3)
Even if you are the Administrator, you need to elevate your privileges from
time to time. This is one of those times.

Windows Vista

1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.
2. Click Accessories.
3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the
shortcut menu.
4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.
5. At the command prompt type the following:
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
6. Press Enter on your keyboard.
7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll
succeeded."
8. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.

"cheefulton" <cheefulton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Dreyday8" wrote:
>
>> Dave, when i treid i got " the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the
>> call
>> to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"
>>

>> "Dave" wrote:
>>
>> > re-enable the VBScript engine
>> >
>> > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405

LACPAPO23

Re: The error code is 2738
Hi Dave,

Iv'e followed these instructions and I'm still getting the same error. How
many time did you have to run regsvr32 vbscript.dll (as Administrator) before
it took?

Thanks