Formatted vista partition instead of uninstalling? Please help!

STEVEN EATON

Formatted vista partition instead of uninstalling? Please help!
Hello,
I installed windows Vista as an experiment. I have the same Vista Home
Basic installed on my desktop pc and activated. After I installed the same
Vista Home Basic on a third partition on my laptop. Found out I could not
activate so I simply formatted that partition. Well to my surprise every
time I reboot my laptop I get Vista or Earlier windows version menu. If I
select earlier version of windows my laptop boots just fine. Problem is: I
do not want to have to make the selection. Can anyone help me get rid of
vista menu? Just can't afford to buy another license right now! Thank you
for any help!!

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Formatted vista partition instead of uninstalling? Please help!
Try using this excellent utility:

VistaBootPRO
http://www.vistabootpro.org/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"STEVEN EATON" wrote:

Hello,
I installed windows Vista as an experiment. I have the same Vista Home
Basic installed on my desktop pc and activated. After I installed the same
Vista Home Basic on a third partition on my laptop. Found out I could not
activate so I simply formatted that partition. Well to my surprise every
time I reboot my laptop I get Vista or Earlier windows version menu. If I
select earlier version of windows my laptop boots just fine. Problem is: I
do not want to have to make the selection. Can anyone help me get rid of
vista menu? Just can't afford to buy another license right now! Thank you
for any help!!

STEVEN EATON

Re: Formatted vista partition instead of uninstalling? Please help!
Thanks Carey!
This utility fixed the problem. As you can see I answered the question I
asked you via my reply to you! Awesome sight!