i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vista??

queenie

i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vista??
i use my yahoo instant messenger alot,,and i just bought this pc yesterday
which has windows vista,,,i was on windows xp,,,i downloaded yahoo messenger
and it will not open when i type my ID and password in,,i really need help in
getting yahoo up and running,,please
Paul Randall

Re: i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vista??
I saw a thread in one of the Vista newsgroups in the last week or two, at
least one of which had a post from a person who had a good experience with
this. Try GROUPS.google.com and paste the following into the search box:
yahoo messenger group:microsoft.public.windows.vista.*
Hopefully you will find some help.

-Paul Randall

"queenie" <queenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i use my yahoo instant messenger alot,,and i just bought this pc yesterday
> which has windows vista,,,i was on windows xp,,,i downloaded yahoo
> messenger
> and it will not open when i type my ID and password in,,i really need help
> in
> getting yahoo up and running,,please

queenie

Re: i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vis
hi thank you very much for your help,,however i did this and had gotten no
results,,,,however as i said any help or suggestions are very much
appreciated,,,i've had to resort to using yahoo messenger from the web,,,and
i dont like it,,,,lol,,,,but thank you,,,take care

"Paul Randall" wrote:

> I saw a thread in one of the Vista newsgroups in the last week or two, at
> least one of which had a post from a person who had a good experience with
> this. Try GROUPS.google.com and paste the following into the search box:
> yahoo messenger group:microsoft.public.windows.vista.*
> Hopefully you will find some help.
>
> -Paul Randall
>
> "queenie" <queenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i use my yahoo instant messenger alot,,and i just bought this pc yesterday
> > which has windows vista,,,i was on windows xp,,,i downloaded yahoo
> > messenger
> > and it will not open when i type my ID and password in,,i really need help
> > in
> > getting yahoo up and running,,please

Fred B.

Re: i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vista??
Messenger Vista notification page:
http://messenger.yahoo.com/windowsvista.php

"queenie" <queenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i use my yahoo instant messenger alot,,and i just bought this pc yesterday
> which has windows vista,,,i was on windows xp,,,i downloaded yahoo
> messenger
> and it will not open when i type my ID and password in,,i really need help
> in
> getting yahoo up and running,,please

Paul Randall

Re: i dont know why my yahoo instant messenger will not run on vis
I came across this exchange:
I searched again and found this info:
>> Uninstall all of the yahoo stuff that installed along with Messenger, as
>> well as messenger itself. do a custom install and deselect all extras.
>> don't have any other programs running when u run the install. I had the
>> very same problem about 3 months ago. Messenger works flawlessly for me
>> since I installed it "bare". All of its features work fine--voice,
>> webcam, file transfer, photo sharing and conferences. What happened is
>> your install went "kaflooey" (a highly techinical term. )

>thank you Dave I just uninstalled the program and de-selected the extras
>and
>everything came up just fine. Thanks for your help.

Let us know if it works for you.