Vista instalation wont start!?

Jacob

Vista instalation wont start!?
I'm trying to install vista home premium 32bit oem on a completely new
computer without any previuos os on. Its a C2D 2.13Ghz, 4Gb 667Mhz ram, 2x
250Gb s-ata 300 drives, on a intel dg965ry motherboard.
When i check in bios everything seems fine but wen i boot from the win disc
the black screen with the white install bar apears and then the screen goes
black, after about 5min the blue-ish/green-ish background apears and then it
stays like that for about 25-30 mins.. then i get to choose language after i
press next the "install now" screen apears (very laggy) after i have pressed
install it says wait at the bottom and stays like that for about 25-30 min
then i get to type in my cd-key and when i press next it stays like that for
2-3 hours without the cd-key screen ever disapearing. at this point i just
turn the computer off.. The dvd-drive rarely starts to spin, only at the
beginning of this and before the cd-key screen.
I thought the it could be the dvd drive that was broken so i tried with 3
other drives and 3 other ide-cables to the dvd.

Can someone please help me!?!?

Sorry for the long explanation and bad spelling :/

//Jacob
geezer10

Re: Vista instalation wont start!?

the first thing to look at is ram. run the memory test on the vista dvd.
try booting with 1 dimm and trying both slots. try a cheap small stick
of another kind of ram. make sure your memory is getting right voltage.
some motherboards do not like double sided dimms. hopefully your memory
is of a trusted brand the cheapo stuff can be a headache.

also try with only 1 harddrive. you can add #2 later. RAID is a bad
idea.

slow boots can be caused by missing or leaking capacitors (condensers)
on the motherboard. not likely with intel mobos.

hope this is helpful starting point - good luck

--
geezer10
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista instalation wont start!?
Do you have the Driver for the Sata drives?