Vista upgrade

Mike

Vista upgrade
I have upgraded XP to Vista on a Dell. I am missing all sorts of drivers. Is
there a place to find drivers for Vista? Is there a way to uninstall Vista if
I cannot?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Vista upgrade
Mike wrote:
> I have upgraded XP to Vista on a Dell. I am missing all sorts of drivers. Is
> there a place to find drivers for Vista?

This normally the type of question that one asks _before_ starting an
upgrade. You'll have to get the proper device drivers either from
Dell's support web site, or from the manufacturer of each individual
component (NIC, audio controller, video adapter, motherboard, etc.).

> Is there a way to uninstall Vista if
> I cannot?

How to go back to Windows XP after you have upgraded a Windows XP-based
computer to Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933170/en-us

How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you
install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168/en-us

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista upgrade
Visit: http://support.dell.com/ or http://support.dell.com/support/down...=us&l=en&s=gen

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mike" wrote:

I have upgraded XP to Vista on a Dell. I am missing all sorts of drivers. Is
there a place to find drivers for Vista? Is there a way to uninstall Vista if
I cannot?
Generator

Re: Vista upgrade

win update will have a few drivers i guess ..you cant uninstall vista
now..you have to reboot from cd and install xp again..i guess..but you
should be able to get the drivers just check what you need in device
manager..graphics and cpu drivers and network drivers if your using a
router with ethernet cable windows update should have. i might be
wrong..so others can advice you better.

--
Generator
AJR

Re: Vista upgrade
Mike - curious here, but as to "...I am missing all sorts of drivers.
Is...." - clarification please? What drivers?

>I have upgraded XP to Vista on a Dell. I am missing all sorts of drivers.
>Is
> there a place to find drivers for Vista? Is there a way to uninstall Vista
> if
> I cannot?

Mike

Re: Vista upgrade
Sound, video, ethernet are the main problems

"AJR" wrote:

> Mike - curious here, but as to "...I am missing all sorts of drivers.
> Is...." - clarification please? What drivers?
>
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have upgraded XP to Vista on a Dell. I am missing all sorts of drivers.
> >Is
> > there a place to find drivers for Vista? Is there a way to uninstall Vista
> > if
> > I cannot?

Bruce Chambers

Re: Vista upgrade
Mike wrote:
> Sound, video, ethernet are the main problems

As you've already been told:

Dell Drivers and Downloads
http://support.dell.com/support/down...=19&l=en&s=dhs

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Mike

Re: Vista upgrade
Been there done that. Nothing available for Vista. This is a Dell Dimension
4400 service tag 7rdlj11