Re-Activation of Vista Home Premium

Stewart Bragg

Re-Activation of Vista Home Premium
Here's my problem. I had to re-install Vista Home Premium Upgrade on my
computer. It will not let me activate as it is telling me that this is an
upgrade version. When I originally installed over Windows XP Professional it
told me that it could not upgrade XP Por and did a full install. Can someone
give me the phone number so that I can call and do a phone activation that
won't cost me anything?

Stewart Bragg
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Re-Activation of Vista Home Premium
Unfortunately, you purchased the wrong upgrade version of Windows Vista.
You would need Vista Ultimate to upgrade over Windows XP Professional.
Also, you cannot install and activate an upgrade version of Vista without first
installing the qualifying older Windows XP operating system. If you do not
wish to first install Windows XP, then you would need to purchase a
"full version" of Windows Vista.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Stewart Bragg" wrote:

Here's my problem. I had to re-install Vista Home Premium Upgrade on my
computer. It will not let me activate as it is telling me that this is an
upgrade version. When I originally installed over Windows XP Professional it
told me that it could not upgrade XP Por and did a full install. Can someone
give me the phone number so that I can call and do a phone activation that
won't cost me anything?

Stewart Bragg
PaulB

Re: Re-Activation of Vista Home Premium
You can upgrade from XP pro but you must do a clean install from XP.
See this site.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...g_id=10043VHb1
--
Paul

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Unfortunately, you purchased the wrong upgrade version of Windows Vista.
> You would need Vista Ultimate to upgrade over Windows XP Professional.
> Also, you cannot install and activate an upgrade version of Vista without first
> installing the qualifying older Windows XP operating system. If you do not
> wish to first install Windows XP, then you would need to purchase a
> "full version" of Windows Vista.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Stewart Bragg" wrote:
>
> Here's my problem. I had to re-install Vista Home Premium Upgrade on my
> computer. It will not let me activate as it is telling me that this is an
> upgrade version. When I originally installed over Windows XP Professional it
> told me that it could not upgrade XP Por and did a full install. Can someone
> give me the phone number so that I can call and do a phone activation that
> won't cost me anything?
>
> Stewart Bragg

Paul Randall

"Stewart Bragg" <Stewart Bragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's my problem. I had to re-install Vista Home Premium Upgrade on my
> computer. It will not let me activate as it is telling me that this is an
> upgrade version. When I originally installed over Windows XP Professional
> it
> told me that it could not upgrade XP Por and did a full install. Can
> someone
> give me the phone number so that I can call and do a phone activation that
> won't cost me anything?
>
> Stewart Bragg

You might try this:
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...rade_clean.asp