Windows update

Marc

Windows update
Hi,

How to delete an update who has failed in the history of windows update with
vista?
I don't want reinstall this update.
Thanks for all.
Marc

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows update
Hi,

If it was installed, then under Programs and Features in the Control Panel
you can go into installed updates and remove it. If it is not installed,
then simply mark it to be hidden in Windows Update. If you change your mind
later, you can restore it. It is recommended that you not block any updates
that are considered system critical or important, as later updates may rely
on them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Marc" <marc_levrier@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How to delete an update who has failed in the history of windows update
> with vista?
> I don't want reinstall this update.
> Thanks for all.
> Marc

Marc LEVRIER

Re: Windows update
Hi,
Thanks, but I want to delete the line in the history of Windows update.
This is the line of a program who is not installed. And this program is not
important!
How to do this?
Marc

"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi,
>
> If it was installed, then under Programs and Features in the Control Panel
> you can go into installed updates and remove it. If it is not installed,
> then simply mark it to be hidden in Windows Update. If you change your
> mind later, you can restore it. It is recommended that you not block any
> updates that are considered system critical or important, as later updates
> may rely on them.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Marc" <marc_levrier@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> How to delete an update who has failed in the history of windows update
>> with vista?
>> I don't want reinstall this update.
>> Thanks for all.
>> Marc

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows update
Which Update are we talking about. Is this Can this Update be removed by uninstalling it after install. Before I can tell you how it is possible to do it I would need to know the answers to both of the questions that I posed to you.

--
Peter

"Marc LEVRIER" <marc_levrier@orange.fr> wrote in message news:Ody5vwz2HHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Thanks, but I want to delete the line in the history of Windows update.
> This is the line of a program who is not installed. And this program is not
> important!
> How to do this?
> Marc
>
> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
>> Hi,
>>
>> If it was installed, then under Programs and Features in the Control Panel
>> you can go into installed updates and remove it. If it is not installed,
>> then simply mark it to be hidden in Windows Update. If you change your
>> mind later, you can restore it. It is recommended that you not block any
>> updates that are considered system critical or important, as later updates
>> may rely on them.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Marc" <marc_levrier@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How to delete an update who has failed in the history of windows update
>>> with vista?
>>> I don't want reinstall this update.
>>> Thanks for all.
>>> Marc

Marc LEVRIER

Re: Windows update
My problem is on the page of history from Windows Update.
I want to delete a line where an update has failed.
This update is not important and I don't want to reinstall this update.
How can I do ?
Marc

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
Which Update are we talking about. Is this Can this Update be removed by
uninstalling it after install. Before I can tell you how it is possible to
do it I would need to know the answers to both of the questions that I posed
to you.

--
Peter

"Marc LEVRIER" <marc_levrier@orange.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Thanks, but I want to delete the line in the history of Windows update.
> This is the line of a program who is not installed. And this program is
> not
> important!
> How to do this?
> Marc
>
> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
>> Hi,
>>
>> If it was installed, then under Programs and Features in the Control
>> Panel
>> you can go into installed updates and remove it. If it is not installed,
>> then simply mark it to be hidden in Windows Update. If you change your
>> mind later, you can restore it. It is recommended that you not block any
>> updates that are considered system critical or important, as later
>> updates
>> may rely on them.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Marc" <marc_levrier@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How to delete an update who has failed in the history of windows update
>>> with vista?
>>> I don't want reinstall this update.
>>> Thanks for all.
>>> Marc

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows update
You did not answer my questions. I cannot give you any advice on how to make the Failed Update disappear from your Update history without your answers.

--
Peter

"Marc LEVRIER" <marc_levrier@orange.fr> wrote in message news:uWpovc22HHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> My problem is on the page of history from Windows Update.
> I want to delete a line where an update has failed.
> This update is not important and I don't want to reinstall this update.
> How can I do ?
> Marc
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Which Update are we talking about. Is this Can this Update be removed by
> uninstalling it after install. Before I can tell you how it is possible to
> do it I would need to know the answers to both of the questions that I posed
> to you.
>
> --
> Peter

> "Marc LEVRIER" <marc_levrier@orange.fr> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Thanks, but I want to delete the line in the history of Windows update.
>> This is the line of a program who is not installed. And this program is
>> not
>> important!
>> How to do this?
>> Marc
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If it was installed, then under Programs and Features in the Control
>>> Panel
>>> you can go into installed updates and remove it. If it is not installed,
>>> then simply mark it to be hidden in Windows Update. If you change your
>>> mind later, you can restore it. It is recommended that you not block any
>>> updates that are considered system critical or important, as later
>>> updates
>>> may rely on them.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

MrSlartybartfast

Re: Windows update
You are not able to delete this unless you have a time machine. You cannot
change history.

Just face the facts, you cancelled the update and now it shows as failed.
Big deal, just live with it.
Peter Foldes

Re: Windows update
Not quite. You are able to remove it depending what the OP will give as an answer to my questions.

--
Peter