Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver

royafroya

Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver
I have a toshiba laptop that i'm upgrading to vista...when I run the Toshiba
Upgrade Assistant it starts to install vista components. There's a total of
22. The first 2 installed fine, but the third, the Intel(R) Graphic Media
Accelerator Driver for some reason fails to install, and because it doesn't
install, none of the other components are installed either. Anyone know how
to fix this?
dean-dean

Re: Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver
Does the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant have the option to only install one
upgrade at a time? Can you de-select Intel(R) Graphic Media Accelerator
Driver and do that update last? Too, try right-clicking on the shortcut to
Toshiba Upgrade Assistant, and then choosing Run as Administrator. But if
you are upgrading drivers, I would do those singly, that is, not in
combination with other updates, doing so one at a time.

"royafroya" <royafroya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news310D1AE-C61F-417D-847C-2C2D24835543@microsoft.com...
>I have a toshiba laptop that i'm upgrading to vista...when I run the
>Toshiba
> Upgrade Assistant it starts to install vista components. There's a total
> of
> 22. The first 2 installed fine, but the third, the Intel(R) Graphic Media
> Accelerator Driver for some reason fails to install, and because it
> doesn't
> install, none of the other components are installed either. Anyone know
> how
> to fix this?

royafroya

Re: Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver
Thanks for the reply!
No, it has none of those options you described. It only has a button for
"Install" and "Stop". Also, not all of the components are drivers, I don't
have it open so I can't tell you what the others are, but still. I
downloaded the graphic media accelerator driver manually online to see if it
would make the upgrade assistant bypass that install, but that didn't work.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Does the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant have the option to only install one
> upgrade at a time? Can you de-select Intel(R) Graphic Media Accelerator
> Driver and do that update last? Too, try right-clicking on the shortcut to
> Toshiba Upgrade Assistant, and then choosing Run as Administrator. But if
> you are upgrading drivers, I would do those singly, that is, not in
> combination with other updates, doing so one at a time.
>
> "royafroya" <royafroya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news310D1AE-C61F-417D-847C-2C2D24835543@microsoft.com...
> >I have a toshiba laptop that i'm upgrading to vista...when I run the
> >Toshiba
> > Upgrade Assistant it starts to install vista components. There's a total
> > of
> > 22. The first 2 installed fine, but the third, the Intel(R) Graphic Media
> > Accelerator Driver for some reason fails to install, and because it
> > doesn't
> > install, none of the other components are installed either. Anyone know
> > how
> > to fix this?

Doug

Re: Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver
Go to the Windows or Microsft Update site, or Control Panel, System and
Maintenance,
Windows Update, Check for Updates and then View Available Updates. You
should be able to pick
which updates you want.

Doug