how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me need help!

pdro

how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me need help!
how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me.when i try a message
came up saying that i cant because it is for windows xp and the process was
terminated the software is a cyberlink solution program cant uninstall it
need help!
Peter Foldes

Re: how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me need help!
Have you tried to take ownership

--
Peter

"pdro" <pdro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED2A6A6-D239-4794-BE41-4C0F71BBE211@microsoft.com...
> how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me.when i try a message
> came up saying that i cant because it is for windows xp and the process was
> terminated the software is a cyberlink solution program cant uninstall it
> need help!

Stan CounsellS

Re: how do i uninstall something old that vista wont let me need h
Uninstalling seems to be a common problem and it may be that you have a
conflict between you programme and Vista or it may be that finding a way of
unistalling will be the solution and I hope you find the following useful.
Step 1: Backup
Backup all your data, with Vista this is beautifully easy to do
Step 2: Turn user account control off
Start
Control Panel
User accounts
Add or remove accounts (you will be asked for permission, click on Continue)
Go to the main user accounts page (you will find this at the bottom of the
screen)
Turn user account control on or off (you will asked for permission again,
click on Continue)
Uncheck the bok
OK
Restart

Step 3: Make your changes

Step 4: Reinstate user account control permission (if you want to)
Follow the procedure in step 2 but this time you will not be asked for
permission.

I hope this works for you as it did for me. It may or may not be the
approved method and it took me some time to work it out - but it did work.

Regards

Stan
Yo
--