Acronis Question

Chabulo

Acronis Question
Hi
I have a question about Acronis True Image 10 Home
If a install vista and activate it and then use acronis to make an image and
restore using the image, do I need to activate?
And also do I need Acronis to restore the image or can i just boor from the
DVD(s)?

thanks
Michael Solomon

Re: Acronis Question

"Chabulo" <Chabulo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a question about Acronis True Image 10 Home
> If a install vista and activate it and then use acronis to make an image
> and
> restore using the image, do I need to activate?
> And also do I need Acronis to restore the image or can i just boor from
> the
> DVD(s)?
>
> thanks

As long as there were no changes to the setup, yes, you can restore the
image and not activate, I've done it many times.

Which DVDs are you talking about?

Acronis True Image gives you the option to create an emergency disk. Once
you've done so, be sure to test it but be sure you can in fact boot from it
and access the functions you need. If yes, that is all you need.

By the way, if you are purchasing the downloadable version from Acronis,
they offer the download file on disk. This is not an install disk but
simply the download on disk in case you lose the file in a crash or
accidentally delete. It's worth the small additional fee since the
downloadable file is not an image file and you cannot create your own setup
disk from it.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

Chabulo

Re: Acronis Question
ok thanks.
cant' I just download the trial version an create an image and then uninstall?
can i still restore or do I need ATI to restore?

> ok thanks.
> cant' I just download the trial version an create an image and then
> uninstall?
> can i still restore or do I need ATI to restore?
>
> thanks!

If you could do that successfully, don't you think everyone would be doing
it?:-)

The trial version is time limited and I'm not even sure if you could create
the emergency disk with the trial version but if you can, more than likely
it will cease to function at the end of the trial period.

"Michael Solomon" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

> "Chabulo" <Chabulo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ok thanks.
>> cant' I just download the trial version an create an image and then
>> uninstall?
>> can i still restore or do I need ATI to restore?
>>
>> thanks!

> If you could do that successfully, don't you think everyone would be doing
> it?:-)
>
> The trial version is time limited and I'm not even sure if you could
> create the emergency disk with the trial version but if you can, more than
> likely it will cease to function at the end of the trial period.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon
> Backup is a PC user's best friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Just to clarify, yes, you would need a fully licensed version of True Image
10 in order to restore a True Image 10 image file.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Bob H

Re: Acronis Question
Coming back to your original question, I had to restore my C drive using an
Acronis 10 disk image this week.

The only activation issue I had was with Norton Internet Security - which
took a while to sort out with their help desk.

Vista, Office 2007 and MS FSX all worked immediately, with no problems.

Bob,