Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
Fred
 

Posts: n/a
Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8
I am getting this error at the end of the installation:

ERROR 1935. AN ERROR OCCURRED DURING INSTALLATION OF ASSEMBLY
'MICROSOFT.V8O.MCF,Version="8.0.50727.163",type="w in32", public key
token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processor architecture="X86", please refer to Help
and Support for more information.

Then the installation stops and rollls back

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop,AMD Turion 64 x2, 1GB,Vista Home Premium
Thanks a lot
Fred

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2007
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8
Call Adobe Installation support:
800-642-3623

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fred" wrote:

I am getting this error at the end of the installation:

ERROR 1935. AN ERROR OCCURRED DURING INSTALLATION OF ASSEMBLY
'MICROSOFT.V8O.MCF,Version="8.0.50727.163",type="w in32", public key
token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processor architecture="X86", please refer to Help
and Support for more information.

Then the installation stops and rollls back

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop,AMD Turion 64 x2, 1GB,Vista Home Premium
Thanks a lot
Fred
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2008
timmy3478
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8

Open a command prompt from the start menu as an administrator

Type in:
FSUTIL RESOURCE SETAUTORESET TRUE C:\

Restart and try again.

I was having multiple issues with my machine, one of them being Error
1935 with Acrobat. The other was that my windows update would not
work.

A dell tech had me put this in... both worked after the change.


--
timmy3478
------------------------------------------------------------------------
timmy3478's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39030
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=797446

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2008
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
vfr700rider is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
error 1935 on vista install of Acrobat 8
I had a couple of long and fruitless conversations with Adobe tech support on this one. The short story was that Acrobat 8.1.0 would not install for me on Windows Vista Ultimate. Adobe recommended running the installer using a new admin user and with 'selective startup' disabling all but core services. I tried that. Still no luck. I had previously run FSUTIL RESOURCE SETAUTORESET TRUE C:\.

The underlying problem appears to be the installer; Adobe's installer mandates the reinstall of the VC++ runtime, even if the appropriate version is already installed. Since it's already there in my case, Adobe's installer fails and rolls the installation back (even though it's a fully working/valid install.)

If you want to replicate the behavior, just try downloading and installing the latest visual studio 2005 visual C++ runtime from Microsoft. At least the failure will happen much faster!

Until Adobe modifies the installer, or Microsoft patches Vista to allow an unnecessary reinstall of VC++ runtime, presume this error won't go away.
In my case, I've got an unusable and expensive coaster; Adobe won't provide new media or a download to fix this.

-Andy
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-29-2008
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8
If it's any consolation, I'm in the same fix. Now I have to open PDFs on my
desktop since Acrobat will not install.

Strange how many folks are having problems with this, but there is
absolutely nothing on Adobe's site to even acknowledge the problem.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"vfr700rider" <vfr700rider.35gnk6@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:vfr700rider.35gnk6@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>
> I had a couple of long and fruitless conversations with Adobe tech
> support on this one. The short story was that Acrobat 8.1.0 would not
> install for me on Windows Vista Ultimate. Adobe recommended running the
> installer using a new admin user and with 'selective startup' disabling
> all but core services. I tried that. Still no luck. I had previously
> run FSUTIL RESOURCE SETAUTORESET TRUE C:\.
>
> The underlying problem appears to be the installer; Adobe's installer
> mandates the reinstall of the VC++ runtime, even if the appropriate
> version is already installed. Since it's already there in my case,
> Adobe's installer fails and rolls the installation back (even though
> it's a fully working/valid install.)
>
> If you want to replicate the behavior, just try downloading and
> installing the latest visual studio 2005 visual C++ runtime from
> Microsoft. At least the failure will happen much faster!
>
> Until Adobe modifies the installer, or Microsoft patches Vista to allow
> an unnecessary reinstall of VC++ runtime, presume this error won't go
> away.
> In my case, I've got an unusable and expensive coaster; Adobe won't
> provide new media or a download to fix this.
>
> -Andy
>
>
> --
> vfr700rider
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2008
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
vfr700rider is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Adobe knows now
I made sure to let Adobe know (not just their support team) this isn't just my issue. Hopefully some more substantial response will become available before too long - we'll see. I'll post if I learn more!
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008
WhiplashInfo.se
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8
Hi,

first I would like to point out the the initial inlay in this thread has
gone, and is all blanch.

Since january 28, 2008 I have an support case with Adobe about Acrobat
freezing after initial installation of Acrobat 8.0 Professional. Copying the
support conversation and pasting it into MS Word 2007 result in 28 pages!

Any one intressted in looking into all suggestions from Adobe and the result
for me following their suggestions can find the communication at

http://www.whiplashinfo.se/adobe/Acrobat.xml

I have given up recieving corrct help from Adobe, and hope someone else have
found a solution to this problems.

Thanks / Tomas
--
WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).


"vfr700rider" wrote:

>
> I made sure to let Adobe know (not just their support team) this isn't
> just my issue. Hopefully some more substantial response will become
> available before too long - we'll see. I'll post if I learn more!
> Andy
>
>
> --
> vfr700rider
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2008
WhiplashInfo.se
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 1935 while installing Acrobat Professional 8
I forgot to mention that ater all this problems I tryed to completly unistall
all trayses of Acrobat, without succes.

Even though I have adminstration account, I'm not aloud to delete some
Acrobat files.

Tomas
--
WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).


"WhiplashInfo.se" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first I would like to point out the the initial inlay in this thread has
> gone, and is all blanch.
>
> Since january 28, 2008 I have an support case with Adobe about Acrobat
> freezing after initial installation of Acrobat 8.0 Professional. Copying the
> support conversation and pasting it into MS Word 2007 result in 28 pages!
>
> Any one intressted in looking into all suggestions from Adobe and the result
> for me following their suggestions can find the communication at
>
> http://www.whiplashinfo.se/adobe/Acrobat.xml
>
> I have given up recieving corrct help from Adobe, and hope someone else have
> found a solution to this problems.
>
> Thanks / Tomas
> --
> WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).
>
>
> "vfr700rider" wrote:
>
> >
> > I made sure to let Adobe know (not just their support team) this isn't
> > just my issue. Hopefully some more substantial response will become
> > available before too long - we'll see. I'll post if I learn more!
> > Andy
> >
> >
> > --
> > vfr700rider
> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2008
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
vfr700rider is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
went to XP
Eventually the only solution I found was to install Acrobat 8.0 on Windows XP instead of Vista.

Adobe gave me one more piece of advice which (while reasonable) did not fix the problem I had. I think it's worth a try at least.

Also, In the Adobe forum related to this is another 'fix' proposed by a user.
Adobe Forums - Error 1935 - An error occured during the installation assembly


Adobe recommended the following:

"We recently have found a solution that has worked a many machines to
resolve the error #1935.#
1. Click #Start#, in Search Box type "Command Prompt" and enter (don't
type quotes).
2. Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
3. Then type and enter:
fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\
4. A message stating, "operation completed successfully# should appear.
Then go ahead and restart your computer.
After the restart is complete, try to install Adobe Acrobat.

Last edited by vfr700rider : 03-24-2008 at 19:06. Reason: adding a reference
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly. Wfeg microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 10-18-2009 07:44
error installing office outlook professional edition 2003.... Helen microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 07-27-2007 05:10
1406 error when installing Acrobat 8 JohnS microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 07-10-2007 22:04
Adobe Acrobat Professional inlkandexp microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 06-21-2007 04:15
Help Error 1935 =?Utf-8?B?SGVscDE5MzU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 04-23-2007 07:23




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:19.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120