Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Is Vista parallel install possible.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
Revealer
 

Posts: n/a
Is Vista parallel install possible.
Hello.
I had Vista installed on my PC. Due to the fact that I was unable to install
VS2008, I needed to get another fresh system up and running. This is when I
made a mistake installing another instance of Vista on another partition.
Installation went well, but as I should have expected, no boot menu appeared
to choose between two instances of Vista? So now I am only able to boot to
the new installed one, and can't get to the old one. It is still there on
another partition. Please assist if possible. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
Revealer
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Is Vista parallel install possible.
Thanks God, VistaBootPro did it.

Still there is an natural way to do it, VistaBootPro just adds entries or
runs some BCDEdit.exe or something with a scpecial parameters. Please provide
with the link where I can read about how could I hae solved my problem
manually. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Is Vista parallel install possible.
BCDEdit Commands for Boot Environment
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...edit_reff.mspx

Boot Configuration Data in Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...mware/bcd.mspx


"Revealer" <Revealer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2DF6866D-CB67-4157-AD6C-1837E5460626@microsoft.com...
> Thanks God, VistaBootPro did it.
>
> Still there is an natural way to do it, VistaBootPro just adds entries or
> runs some BCDEdit.exe or something with a scpecial parameters. Please
> provide
> with the link where I can read about how could I hae solved my problem
> manually. Thank you.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2007
Revealer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Is Vista parallel install possible.
Thank you.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> BCDEdit Commands for Boot Environment
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...edit_reff.mspx
>
> Boot Configuration Data in Windows Vista
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...mware/bcd.mspx
>
>
> "Revealer" <Revealer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2DF6866D-CB67-4157-AD6C-1837E5460626@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks God, VistaBootPro did it.
> >
> > Still there is an natural way to do it, VistaBootPro just adds entries or
> > runs some BCDEdit.exe or something with a scpecial parameters. Please
> > provide
> > with the link where I can read about how could I hae solved my problem
> > manually. Thank you.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Is Vista parallel install possible.
You're welcome. I, too was curious about the commands, and the BCDEdit
Commands document was as complete a list as I could find on the internet.
I'm sure this will change over time.

"Revealer" <Revealer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CADED061-0AAF-4972-82C2-CE0383436D4A@microsoft.com...
> Thank you.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> BCDEdit Commands for Boot Environment
>> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...edit_reff.mspx
>>
>> Boot Configuration Data in Windows Vista
>> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...mware/bcd.mspx
>>
>>
>> "Revealer" <Revealer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2DF6866D-CB67-4157-AD6C-1837E5460626@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks God, VistaBootPro did it.
>> >
>> > Still there is an natural way to do it, VistaBootPro just adds entries
>> > or
>> > runs some BCDEdit.exe or something with a scpecial parameters. Please
>> > provide
>> > with the link where I can read about how could I hae solved my problem
>> > manually. Thank you.

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
parallel install sous vista ? alf-red microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.installation 0 06-25-2007 11:59
Vista with a parallel printer Mike B microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 06-03-2007 17:19
parallel printer hp710c set up on Vista? MLM microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 05-30-2007 14:07
Vista supports Parallel Printing? =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmVlc2U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 4 04-11-2007 19:01




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120