Certificate not accessable in Vista-64

Gunder

Certificate not accessable in Vista-64
To gain access to my internet-bank I have to install a certificate. I have
followed the instructions from the bank and put it in the "Trusted Root
Certification Authorities". After the installation I can view the certificate
in the store and the certification status is reported "Ok" by Vista. When I
start IE 7 after installing the certificate and try to login to the
internet-bank, I get a dialog box asking to choose the certificate I want to
use. The problem is that there are no certificates to choose from, the list
is empty. I have tried several reinstallations and reboots but nothing
changes.

I have tried the same procedure on a pc running Vista-32. There it is no
problem to get access to the certificate after it is installed.

Any clue to what might be wrong on the 64-bit Vista installation?

Thanks in advance!
John Barnes

Re: Certificate not accessable in Vista-64
Make sure you are running the correct version of IE7. There are 2 in
Vista64, the IE86 and IE64. Most of the time add-ons don't work with the
IE64. Use the IE86 and see if you have any problems. You can check which
IE you are using by Help/about Internet Explorer and if it doesn't say
64-bit version on the first line you have the IE86. Make sure you have
anything in the correct folder also. There are two program folders for
Vista64 one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit.

"Gunder" <Gunder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To gain access to my internet-bank I have to install a certificate. I have
> followed the instructions from the bank and put it in the "Trusted Root
> Certification Authorities". After the installation I can view the
> certificate
> in the store and the certification status is reported "Ok" by Vista. When
> start IE 7 after installing the certificate and try to login to the
> internet-bank, I get a dialog box asking to choose the certificate I want
> use. The problem is that there are no certificates to choose from, the
> list
> is empty. I have tried several reinstallations and reboots but nothing
> changes.
>
> I have tried the same procedure on a pc running Vista-32. There it is no
> problem to get access to the certificate after it is installed.
>
> Any clue to what might be wrong on the 64-bit Vista installation?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Gunder

Re: Certificate not accessable in Vista-64
Thanks for your interest!

The IE version activated by using the quick lanch bar or the start menu is
the 32-bit version. To start the 64 bits version I have to go into the
"Program Files" folder and start it from there. So I have been using the
32-bits version of IE. I have even tried with the 64-bits version, but with
no luck.

What should I have in the appropriate folders regardin your remark: "Make
sure you have anything in the correct folder also"? To my knowledges I do not
use any folders.

Hpoe this information helps to make the problem clearer.