Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Re-activation after memory upgrade

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
rbraithwaite
 

Posts: n/a
Re-activation after memory upgrade
Hi,

I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
"substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it says
the license is already in use and that I should get another one.

I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure what
to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Richard.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
Noel
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Re-activation after memory upgrade
Use the automatic phone activation

"rbraithwaite" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
> asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
> "substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it says
> the license is already in use and that I should get another one.
>
> I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure what
> to do.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Re-activation after memory upgrade
You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.



"rbraithwaite" <rbraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:13DD3B95-1C87-4E0E-870F-42A0FE218689@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
> asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
> "substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it
> says
> the license is already in use and that I should get another one.
>
> I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure
> what
> to do.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
rbraithwaite
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Re-activation after memory upgrade
Thanks Noel! I won't ask why it couldn't work this out for itself but its
now licensed properly.

Have a good rest of the week!

Cheers,
Richard.

"Noel" wrote:

> Use the automatic phone activation
>
> "rbraithwaite" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
> > asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
> > "substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it says
> > the license is already in use and that I should get another one.
> >
> > I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure what
> > to do.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2007
rbraithwaite
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Re-activation after memory upgrade
Thanks Carey! I've now got it working properly again. Is this something
that Microsoft are going to fix?

Cheers,
Richard.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
> Enter.
> The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
>
>
>
> "rbraithwaite" <rbraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:13DD3B95-1C87-4E0E-870F-42A0FE218689@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
> > asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
> > "substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it
> > says
> > the license is already in use and that I should get another one.
> >
> > I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure
> > what
> > to do.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard.

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2007
bflatblueswoman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Re-activation after memory upgrade
I had a similiar situation, but I had removed hardware(my sound card). I hope
this is not going to be a standard protocol; If it is, I'll seriously
consider buying a Mac. instead of a PC with the Vista Ultimate OS I'm looking
to buy within the next 2 weeks.

--
LIVE and LET LIVE


"rbraithwaite" wrote:

> Thanks Carey! I've now got it working properly again. Is this something
> that Microsoft are going to fix?
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> > (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
> > Enter.
> > The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
> >
> >
> >
> > "rbraithwaite" <rbraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:13DD3B95-1C87-4E0E-870F-42A0FE218689@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just upgraded my Sony Media XL201 PC to 2Gb of RAM and Vista is now
> > > asking for license re-activation within the next 3 days based on a
> > > "substantial hardware change"!?!? When I select automatic activation it
> > > says
> > > the license is already in use and that I should get another one.
> > >
> > > I have a genuine Sony Vista Home Premium license so I'm not quite sure
> > > what
> > > to do.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Richard.

> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me to upgrade my memory Rafael microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 07-08-2007 01:28
Re-activation after hardware upgrade. =?Utf-8?B?VEVMYXdyZW5jZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 04-15-2007 17:37
Memory Upgrade Grandecom News microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-06-2007 22:31
Memory Upgrade =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 9 02-26-2007 15:08
Upgrade activation =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIEI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 02-03-2007 08:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120