WET Transferred app settings??

APKhaos

WET Transferred app settings??
Is there any way to delete/abort application settings transferred by WET?

I used WET to move documents and files from XP to Vista, and settings came
along for the ride. Now, Outlook launches 'Configuring Outlook' to apply
settings from the XP world that I don't want in the Vista world. I've killed
it before the settings are changed, but would like to delete the settings
changes before they are applied.

Any way to do this?
John Barnes

Re: WET Transferred app settings??
When you run WET don't select program settings.

"APKhaos" <APKhaos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to delete/abort application settings transferred by WET?
>
> I used WET to move documents and files from XP to Vista, and settings came
> along for the ride. Now, Outlook launches 'Configuring Outlook' to apply
> settings from the XP world that I don't want in the Vista world. I've
> killed
> it before the settings are changed, but would like to delete the settings
> changes before they are applied.
>
> Any way to do this?

APKhaos

Re: WET Transferred app settings??
No kidding? It was a bonehead move, but its done now.
I'm trying to find a way to delete the settings changes before they are
applied.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> When you run WET don't select program settings.
>
> "APKhaos" <APKhaos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to delete/abort application settings transferred by WET?
> >
> > I used WET to move documents and files from XP to Vista, and settings came
> > along for the ride. Now, Outlook launches 'Configuring Outlook' to apply
> > settings from the XP world that I don't want in the Vista world. I've
> > killed
> > it before the settings are changed, but would like to delete the settings
> > changes before they are applied.
> >
> > Any way to do this?

APKhaos

Re: WET Transferred app settings??
So that's wise advice, but not much help after the fact. The bonehead deed is
done, the question now is how to delete the changes before they are applied.