VISTA ROCKS!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?TEFOREVS?=

VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS THE
BEST O/S EVER!
Rudi Brochs

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people who
needs a stable system.

Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I advice
everyone to wait for SP1.

I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.

And yes, I have tried it!

RB

"LANDER" <LANDER@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
> LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS
> THE
> BEST O/S EVER!

Peter M

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
WallyMart employees recomending computer purchases.... indeed, the end of
the world is near.

"LANDER" <LANDER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
> LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS
> THE
> BEST O/S EVER!

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Rudi

I have had Vista RTM running since November 18, and apart from a couple of
niggling driver issues, it all works extremely well..

Not all Vista users have all problems.. many will see issues fixed in the
next couple of weeks maybe.. however, it is your call to wait..

"Rudi Brochs" <something@somewhere.no> wrote in message
> Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people who
> needs a stable system.
>
> Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I advice
> everyone to wait for SP1.
>
> I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.
>
> And yes, I have tried it!
>
> RB
>
> "LANDER" <LANDER@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>>I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
>> LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS
>> THE
>> BEST O/S EVER!

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Way to go.. Wal-mart should be proud of you..

"LANDER" <LANDER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
> LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS
> THE
> BEST O/S EVER!

Roy Coorne

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Rudi Brochs wrote:
> Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people who
> needs a stable system.

FACK

> Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I advice
> everyone to wait for SP1.

Seconded

> I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.
>
> And yes, I have tried it!

And I still do!

> RB

Roy

> "LANDER" <LANDER@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>> I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF
>> LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS
>> THE
>> BEST O/S EVER!

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
"I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time."
Vista is stable now.
If it is not stable for you ask your hardware manufacturer why they do not
update your drivers.
If you have software issues, contact the software manufacturers.

Vista RTM has been stable and reliable for over two months on two of my
computers so your blanket statement clearly is not as applicable as you
suggest.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Rudi Brochs" <something@somewhere.no> wrote in message
> Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people who
> needs a stable system.
>
> Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I advice
> everyone to wait for SP1.
>
> I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.
>
> And yes, I have tried it!
>
> RB

=?Utf-8?B?aU1hYw==?=

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Ahh, so it is everyone elses fault. Do you work for Microsoft by any chance ;-)
I've gone back to XP as vista is too unstable (even though the respective
shoddy driver-writing departments have issued new drivers). not only that,
but some of my installed software wouldn't run. Admittedly, this software was
not written for vista but until everyone catches up it's not worth the pain.
I like the look of it and there seem to be some interesting new features but
if I wanted an OS that not enough people support yet, I'd stick with linux.

All the best
Ian

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> "I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time."
> Vista is stable now.
> If it is not stable for you ask your hardware manufacturer why they do not
> update your drivers.
> If you have software issues, contact the software manufacturers.
>
> Vista RTM has been stable and reliable for over two months on two of my
> computers so your blanket statement clearly is not as applicable as you
> suggest.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Rudi Brochs" <something@somewhere.no> wrote in message
> > Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people who
> > needs a stable system.
> >
> > Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I advice
> > everyone to wait for SP1.
> >
> > I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.
> >
> > And yes, I have tried it!
> >
> > RB

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Ian

I have cut the part I like best in your statement..

"if I wanted an OS that not enough people support yet, I'd stick with
Linux."

That is about as true as Rudi's remarks if your screen name is anything to
go by..

Vista is perfectly stable, and the appearance of SP1 will not make older HP
printers (or any hardware that manufacturers no longer have a desire to
support) work with Vista, anymore than it will make some XP specific
programs run..

Program and hardware issues will have to be directed at the makers now or in
the future..

"iMac" <iMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ahh, so it is everyone elses fault. Do you work for Microsoft by any
> chance ;-)
> I've gone back to XP as vista is too unstable (even though the respective
> shoddy driver-writing departments have issued new drivers). not only that,
> but some of my installed software wouldn't run. Admittedly, this software
> was
> not written for vista but until everyone catches up it's not worth the
> pain.
> I like the look of it and there seem to be some interesting new features
> but
> if I wanted an OS that not enough people support yet, I'd stick with
> linux.
>
> All the best
> Ian
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time."
>> Vista is stable now.
>> If it is not stable for you ask your hardware manufacturer why they do
>> not
>> update your drivers.
>> If you have software issues, contact the software manufacturers.
>>
>> Vista RTM has been stable and reliable for over two months on two of my
>> computers so your blanket statement clearly is not as applicable as you
>> suggest.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Rudi Brochs" <something@somewhere.no> wrote in message
>> > Windows Vista is full of bugs still, and should NOT be used by people
>> > who
>> > needs a stable system.
>> >
>> > Also there are to much hardware, and software that is'nt working. I
>> > advice
>> > everyone to wait for SP1.
>> >
>> > I doubt it will be stable enough for a long time.
>> >
>> > And yes, I have tried it!
>> >
>> > RB

Development

Re: VISTA ROCKS!!!!!
Vista May be usefull for some homeuser or gaming users. bur for developers
it's no the right choice now, there are still plenty of bugs and problems
runing SQL 2005 and Visual Estudio 2005(Plus many other Software Problems),
Remember not all PC users have the same loads or uses all the available
resources, only heavy users can said it's worth it to change now or wait
until SP1 as usually most of developers do.
My share , don't switch if you're working on timely projects you will regret
the time u will lost just getting thing to work like in XP...
XP is a very solid platform now like Windows 2000 profesional was, wait
until the software u use becomes certified for Vista and all of us will be
happy again witha new OS to PLAY!!!!!